The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mr Fine
No need to put your faith into it as if it was your faith you would have followed it but i kniw some people need to live a bit to come to there own conclusion in life you smoke you drink you got tattoo you aint the first but i hope you find your way and you find yourself

“I looked in temples, churches, and mosques. But I found the Divine within my heart”
Reply 21
Original post by Mr Fine
Would be nice to meet drink tea but yes do smoke may have to examine the tattoos are you slim large sorry to be upfront petite tall etc.

I’m thin, but curvy. 5’3
Original post by MWills99
Do you have sex and eat pork too or is that where you draw the line

I have sex and I have had pork.
Original post by HalpMePlz
Have you also dyed your hair different colours like blue, purple, red etc?

I have dyed it random colours when I was younger. It’s brown now.
Original post by RichPiana
So, which part of Pakistan are you from?

Islamabad
Original post by Tootles
Where would you like me to send your medal?

Anyway you're not hardcore unless you eat bacon too.

You can keep it with yourself for now. Also, I’ve had bacon.
Original post by RosieAppleLemon
Sorry, have you heard of punctuation? She did say she was a Muslim - we aren't judging her, only trying to make light into why say you're a Muslim when you clearly lack belief in the faith.

perhaps you mean " to shine a light on" ?

:dontknow:
So what? I know plenty of Muslims just like you...

Is this supposed to be something special?

I don't understand those that claim to be Muslims, yet disregard core beliefs, why follow the faith if you can't adhere to its principles? Hypocrites as its finest - these are the people I don't trust.

You're making the mistake of conflating faith with fundamentalist doctrines, practices and organised groupings.
A fundamentalism which often happens to be blended together with over a thousand years of ancient socio political cultural traditions that existed prior to the birth of the religious movement.

Fundamentalist abhor religious pluralism and multiculturalism- because of the existential challenges both present to the arbitrary claims of monopoly made by fundamentalist factions over truth, theology, history, politics and power.
Christianity has many denominations, a vast number of theological interpretations and cultures are widely divergent between the most liberal- hardline of mainstream sects.
Same with Judaism, Sikhism, Hinduism and Islam.
Are you aware of what the Quran and Hadiths say on the matters of drinking alcohol and changing the creation of Allah?
Reply 25
Original post by akbar0123
Are you aware of what the Quran and Hadiths say on the matters of drinking alcohol and changing the creation of Allah?

Yup.

Im also aware of what they say about lying, cheating, killing, abusing etc.
Original post by So Fetch
And yes, I’m a Muslim.

No, you're not.
Reply 27
Original post by Constantine2018
You just incorrectly used a hyphen in place of an em dash. So, I don't think you should correct other people's grammar.

Well she did say punctuation, not grammar. They are not the same thing.
Reply 28
want a cookie?
Reply 29
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
No, you're not.

Oh okay thanks for clearing that out.
Nope, I wear a fanny pack on the burka.

I don’t really follow it. It just says I’m a Muslim on my passport.

No idea what that is, but I do play FIFA and Call of Duty

So you're not a Muslim... then what is the purpose of this?
Original post by the bear
perhaps you mean " to shine a light on" ?

:dontknow:

Does it matter?...
Original post by londonmyst
You're making the mistake of conflating faith with fundamentalist doctrines, practices and organised groupings.
A fundamentalism which often happens to be blended together with over a thousand years of ancient socio political cultural traditions that existed prior to the birth of the religious movement.

Fundamentalist abhor religious pluralism and multiculturalism- because of the existential challenges both present to the arbitrary claims of monopoly made by fundamentalist factions over truth, theology, history, politics and power.
Christianity has many denominations, a vast number of theological interpretations and cultures are widely divergent between the most liberal- hardline of mainstream sects.
Same with Judaism, Sikhism, Hinduism and Islam.

Islam does not change over time like many other religions, that is your first mistake. We do not alter our beliefs.

I really don't understand what you're saying, I am sorry.
Original post by Jono*
Well she did say punctuation, not grammar. They are not the same thing.

They are not the same thing but grammar and punctuation cannot exist separately from each other. For example, if I didn’t know the grammatical rules concerning comma, I could easily misplace a comma.
Do you have any family in Pakistan who could send some decent hashish to me in the UK? It's been a while since I've had a good bit of hash.
Reply 35
Original post by Jono*
want a cookie?

Sure.

I prefer bacon.
So you're not a Muslim... then what is the purpose of this?

It’s entertaining watching you extremists get so defensive.
Original post by insouciancedward
Do you have any family in Pakistan who could send some decent hashish to me in the UK? It's been a while since I've had a good bit of hash.

I live in Pakistan myself. But no, I wouldn’t send anything.
Islam does not change over time like many other religions, that is your first mistake. We do not alter our beliefs.

I really don't understand what you're saying, I am sorry.

All religions have a range of different leaders, more than one interpretation and a few sects.

For example- the different Islamic schools of jurisprudence and sects.
Different Islamic sects include ibadi, sunni, shia, quranists, ahmadiyya.
Sects that form smaller sects- different shia sects include the twelvers and ismailis.
Different traditions, leaders, interpretations and priorities.

Christianity has a range of different interpretations and churches- catholic, orthodox, protestant.
Different leaders like the pope, ecumenical patriarch, archbishop of canterbury.
Judaism has rabbis from three different sects too- orthodox, reform and liberal.
lol you aint no muslim get real
Sure.

I prefer bacon.

It’s entertaining watching you extremists get so defensive.

I live in Pakistan myself. But no, I wouldn’t send anything.

Excuse me. DO NOT refer to me as extreme, I am not in ANY WAY. I am making the point of saying if you label yourself Muslim yet don't see yourself as one, WHY the F would you regard yourself as one? Idiot.

It's funny watching 'Muslims' from LEDC think that they're super cool for going against ideals. I feel pity for you, you can't air your beliefs there.

It is one thing to say you're a Muslim and believes in God, the Qu'ran and the prophets, and still, do haraam things, and then there are those who clearly DO NOT believe in Islam and claim they are Muslims i.e. you.

Do not throw the word extremist lightly, think before you speak little girl.

'Defensive'? What exactly have I said - I haven't said once you're going to hell, or that you are going to repay for this on judgment day, I am making the point that you clearly are not Muslim, as you say yourself, it is a 'label on' your 'passport' and nothing more.

Fool.

You're not special love, move on.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Gent2324
lol you aint no muslim get real

Exactly my point - she doesn't believe in Islam and yet regards herself as Muslim? Idiot at its finest.

Latest