The Student Room Group

How do you get an unconditional offer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ch128
Hi,

I have applied to Cambridge(A*A*A), Imperial(A*A*A), Kings(AAB), UCL(AAA).

Those are the typical offers for subject I am applying for. My predicted grades are 4 A*s. Is there a chance of getting an unconditional offer from Either Kings or UCL possibly?

None of your choices make unconditional offers based on predicted grades as far as I know.
Reply 21
Original post by ch128
Hi,

I have applied to Cambridge(A*A*A), Imperial(A*A*A), Kings(AAB), UCL(AAA).

Those are the typical offers for subject I am applying for. My predicted grades are 4 A*s. Is there a chance of getting an unconditional offer from Either Kings or UCL possibly?

Neither UCL nor KCL make unconditional offers unless you have acheived the entry requirements.
Reply 22
It's worth noting of the Russell Group universities only Birmingham and Nottingham regularly use "Unconditional if Firm" offers - indeed about a third of Nottingham's offers are such.

Although York has joined them this year with a small pilot launch of UiF offers - only about 2% were such.

Edit to update: also Queen Mary (QMUL) have a Outstanding Potential Award for some courses. As a result about 2% of their offers are UiF.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Doonesbury
It's worth noting of the Russell Group universities only Birmingham and Nottingham regularly use "Unconditional if Firm" offers - indeed about a third of Nottingham's offers are such.

Although York has joined them this year with a small pilot launch of UiF offers - only about 2% were such.

How did you know that???
Reply 24
Original post by SilverWater
How did you know that???

An FOI request.
Reply 25
Get good predicted grades
and this is VERY important, make sure that you do things to put into your personal statement that are directly relted to your degree
Original post by username3478890
I've heard its rare but how does it happen? Is the offer based completely on predicted grades?

git gud
I had an unconditional offer for King's, it was the only university I had applied to because I was certain I wanted to study there (maybe this factored in my UO). My GCSE grades were good (A*s) and my AS grades were good too (As) so my predicted grades were quite high and I did A LOT of extra curricular activities...
Original post by username3478890
I've heard its rare but how does it happen? Is the offer based completely on predicted grades?

I got my unconditional based on predicted grades (I think) but I know a few people who got this offer based on their CV, and how much relevant work experience they had done for the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending