The Student Room Group

Approaching a girl in college/sixth form

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What’s she look like?

She's female, she has long hair, 2 gorgeous eyes and 2 arms and legs.
Lol i want to do the same but I haven’t got the balls

I do have some it's just a matter of finding the right time when she's on her own rather than with friends as that's a bit awkward!
What makes you feel like you can't do it?
Original post by bellahorsiegirl
this is literally so cute , coming from a girls point of veiw i have to say , hasnt she showed any interest at all??? or even noticed you? cute that your asking on here thoo, lmao. just dont be too friendly like if you like her just flirt with her , from experience having boys fancy u and then try and be your best mate is very confusing. if you dont wanna tell her u like her then just flirt and see if she flirts back.
you seem nice so good luck trynna get with her , what a ladd.x
people add my snapp bella14.xox

She noticed me glance at her once but neither of us smiled I just pretended to look elsewhere lmao

I'm a bad flirter but I'll try my best. It's always the first interaction that's the hardest because you kinda don't know how to treat her or what to expect from her. Like driving a new car for the first time.
Thanks a lot for the advice :smile:

I would add your snap but not if you're 14 sorry, bit too young :tongue:
She noticed me glance at her once but neither of us smiled I just pretended to look elsewhere lmao

I'm a bad flirter but I'll try my best. It's always the first interaction that's the hardest because you kinda don't know how to treat her or what to expect from her. Like driving a new car for the first time.
Thanks a lot for the advice :smile:

I would add your snap but not if you're 14 sorry, bit too young :tongue:

im not 14 btw lol im 16 , 14 is just my birthday. aw yea i get youu, its either going to be an awkaward interactertion or it will be alright, do you have bants? cause if you cant flirt surely you can make her laugh? she may even prefer it?
She noticed me glance at her once but neither of us smiled I just pretended to look elsewhere lmaoI'm a bad flirter but I'll try my best. It's always the first interaction that's the hardest because you kinda don't know how to treat her or what to expect from her. Like driving a new car for the first time.Thanks a lot for the advice :smile:I would add your snap but not if you're 14 sorry, bit too young :tongue:
You need a plan of action. Do you have any similar hobbies or know anything about her other than the odd occasions you have seen her?
im not 14 btw lol im 16 , 14 is just my birthday. aw yea i get youu, its either going to be an awkaward interactertion or it will be alright, do you have bants? cause if you cant flirt surely you can make her laugh? she may even prefer it?

Oh sorry lmao thought the 14 in your snap name was your age. I'm 17 I can add you if you want me to?

I mean I can flirt fine online but in person I kinda turn into a nervous and awkward wreck if it doesn't go well which is annoying. If it goes fine though I guess I'm pretty good at it. Idk it depends on her sense of humour I guess and whether she likes mine. I try and tease a lot when flirting and joking around.
Original post by study_buddy
You need a plan of action. Do you have any similar hobbies or know anything about her other than the odd occasions you have seen her?

No I know literally nothing about her except she's at the same college. Don't even know her name.
Oh sorry lmao thought the 14 in your snap name was your age. I'm 17 I can add you if you want me to?

I mean I can flirt fine online but in person I kinda turn into a nervous and awkward wreck if it doesn't go well which is annoying. If it goes fine though I guess I'm pretty good at it. Idk it depends on her sense of humour I guess and whether she likes mine. I try and tease a lot when flirting and joking around.

aha its fine! i look around 12 tho lol, yeah course you can , i wont be able to talk much on it considering i dont have my phone at the mo but illl add u back in the morning. well least for you , you do see her in person because online is so different to in person and online you may seem completely different. tease and being jokey is good, cause then it seems flirty and relaxing at the same time. (legit feel like a little love guru right now lmao)
So there's this girl that has caught my eye over the past few weeks in college and I think she's pretty cute.

Sometimes I see her with her friends however sometimes she sits and works on her own in the library.

I would like to approach her and maybe start a conversation with her however I'm not quite sure how to do this. I don't know anything about her, not even her name or whether she's in the same year or year below me. Any advice?

I'm tempted to start with just smiling at her if I can catch her attention around college but she's usually either focussed on work or her friends so it's hard to catch her attention. Then maybe try start a convo with her if I get a smile back. Is this a good idea or not?

aaaah that's so cuteee,, tbh if it was me i'd want you to approach first, confidence is quite attractive to a lot of people,, but just be calm and don't go in too heavy with the convo at first
aha its fine! i look around 12 tho lol, yeah course you can , i wont be able to talk much on it considering i dont have my phone at the mo but illl add u back in the morning. well least for you , you do see her in person because online is so different to in person and online you may seem completely different. tease and being jokey is good, cause then it seems flirty and relaxing at the same time. (legit feel like a little love guru right now lmao)

Oh I don't look 17 either I prob look around 15 lmao. Sure thing I'll add you :smile:

Yeah I've noticed I'm much more confident online usually but I can ask girls out in person I've done it before no probs (unfortunately she rejected me but oh well at least I had the balls to ask her, most guys wouldn't).

I try tease as much as I can sometimes it goes well sometimes it fails but oh well I just be me I don't try be someone I'm not. If someone doesn't like me then that's their problem not mine :rolleyes:
Original post by zaynahali
aaaah that's so cuteee,, tbh if it was me i'd want you to approach first, confidence is quite attractive to a lot of people,, but just be calm and don't go in too heavy with the convo at first

Yeah usually girls like having a guy approach them first I have noticed. Most girls won't approach a dude first. So light teasing/flirting at first and see how that goes?
Reply 31
Good luck bro
Best way to know if you should approach her is to see if ahe looks at u
She's female, she has long hair, 2 gorgeous eyes and 2 arms and legs.

Haha not very specific, anything else?
Cute tho
Haha not very specific, anything else?
Cute tho

Hmmm... Oh yeah how on earth could I forget, she has two ears :tongue: I got a B at GCSE biology don't judge me plz :colondollar:
Hmmm... Oh yeah how on earth could I forget, she has two ears :tongue: I got a B at GCSE biology don't judge me plz :colondollar:

Ooh you’re giving so much away
Ooh you’re giving so much away

She's like 5" 9', has silky smooth lovely long light blonde hair (almost white but blondish), a cute smile and she wears a pink coat with jeans. Think that's everything. Some days she wears make up some days she wears none.
I do have some it's just a matter of finding the right time when she's on her own rather than with friends as that's a bit awkward!
What makes you feel like you can't do it?

Yeah exactly best chance for me to do it is if they’re alone or something, i sort of did with one girl but i started it off bad but luckily she carried it on slightly lol
Yeah usually girls like having a guy approach them first I have noticed. Most girls won't approach a dude first. So light teasing/flirting at first and see how that goes?

Yeah! Start off with friendly/light flirting and then develop it over time :smile:
Try the same as I've been advised :smile: Good luck I wanna know how that goes too

well... I’ve lost interest in him, turned out to be a right d*** :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending