The Student Room Group

Problems with offers(help)

Guys i applied for economics and i have received 4 offers which include ones from Queen Mary and City but i feel like i dont want to do an economics degree. I really want to go to uni next year but im stuck as i have always been interested in computer science. What should i do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
????
Apply through clearing
Reply 3
Original post by normanofkent
Apply through clearing

Even to a uni like queen mary????????
Original post by Mike John
Even to a uni like queen mary????????

U have to look at courses that were on clearing for last year and presume it’ll be the same
Reply 5
U have to look at courses that were on clearing for last year and presume it’ll be the same

How am i supposed to know the courses available on clearing last year.
How am i supposed to know the courses available on clearing last year.

There’s this thing called Google, quite new on the grand spectrum of things
Reply 7
There’s this thing called Google, quite new on the grand spectrum of things

How am i meant to find every course availible on clearing in 2018 then?
How am i meant to find every course availible on clearing in 2018 then?

There’s thing called Google, if you want to find something they have a cool feature called the ‘Search Box’, you can pop what you want to see inside this magical box click search/enter - you won’t believe the next part - you get results with what ur after!!! Clever init?
Reply 9
There’s thing called Google, if you want to find something they have a cool feature called the ‘Search Box’, you can pop what you want to see inside this magical box click search/enter - you won’t believe the next part - you get results with what ur after!!! Clever init?

So funny i forgot to laugh
Reply 10
anyone else got any suggestions???????????????????
anyone else got any suggestions???????????????????

In actual fact, googling last year's clearing vacancies probably won't work very well

If you like the CS courses at QMUL and City you could contact them and ask about switching now. Failing that, you could decline all your offers and apply to CS cours s via UCAS Extra next year. And after that there's clearing.
Reply 12
what do you mean next? you mean for September 2020?
Reply 13
Original post by ageshallnot
In actual fact, googling last year's clearing vacancies probably won't work very well

If you like the CS courses at QMUL and City you could contact them and ask about switching now. Failing that, you could decline all your offers and apply to CS cours s via UCAS Extra next year. And after that there's clearing.

Guys i applied for economics and i have received 4 offers which include ones from Queen Mary and City but i feel like i dont want to do an economics degree. I really want to go to uni next year but im stuck as i have always been interested in computer science. What should i do?

If you don't want to do it, then don't.

Just wait for UCAS extra or clearing.

If that doesnt work take a gap and apply the next year.
Reply 15

No, Extra opens in a couple of months for entry in Sept 2019.
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

Meanwhile, as @ageshallnot suggested, have you asked your current universities if you can transfer to their CompSci course? Assuming your A-levels (or equivalents) meet their subject entry requirements...

As explained by @Doonesbury above, I mean for 2019.
Reply 17
Original post by Doonesbury
No, Extra opens in a couple of months for entry in Sept 2019.
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices

Meanwhile, as @ageshallnot suggested, have you asked your current universities if you can transfer to their CompSci course? Assuming your A-levels (or equivalents) meet their subject entry requirements...

No i haven't asked any of my unis at all.
No i haven't asked any of my unis at all.

That's your first step.
Reply 19
Original post by ageshallnot
That's your first step.

is there like a time period in which i should ask them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending