The Student Room Group

Muslims and Catholics would you say they're similar in terms of beliefs?

Title.

Personally, I'd say they're both similar but would be interested in what others have to say:smile:
Yes they’re similar in certain ways and in other ways they’re complete opposite
Reply 2
Okay. Thank you!
Reply 3
Well they both like children in evil ways. They're similar in that way.
Original post by McTosh
Well they both like children in evil ways. They're similar in that way.

Of course, there’s always someone who likes bringing up this...

Catholics aren’t pedophiles just to be clear
I think using ‘Muslims’ is too broad of a category, just like Christianity, Islam also has different branches.

I think overall Christians and Muslims have similar beliefs.
Reply 6
Original post by Professional G
Of course, there’s always someone who likes bringing up this...

Catholics aren’t pedophiles just to be clear

Oh please, the catholic church is famous for its paedophilia and the vatican covering it up. The only difference between Islam and Catholicism is Islam thinks a paedophile is their prophet while Catholicism doesn't, and the Catholic church likes little boys while Islam likes little girls. Except the Afghanis apparently they have similar tastes to catholic priests too.

That's the only difference I can see between them.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by McTosh
Oh please, the catholic church is famous for its paedophilia and the vatican covering it up. The only difference between Islam and Catholicism is Islam thinks a paedophile is their prophet while Catholicism doesn't, and the Catholic church likes little boys while Islam likes little girls. Except the Afghanis apparently they have similar tastes to catholic priests too.

You acting like the Catholic Church supports this? Do you know anything that the Catholic Church said which supports pedophiles? There’s individuals and then there’s everyone else, plus the same applies to parliament and it’s the famous child sex ring or maybe other denominations and their own polygamy- Mormons. I’m not saying the Vatican is blameless but they aren’t the only one covering up
Reply 8
Original post by Professional G
You acting like the Catholic Church supports this? Do you know anything that the Catholic Church said which supports pedophiles? There’s individuals and then there’s everyone else, plus the same applies to parliament and it’s the famous child sex ring or maybe other denominations and their own polygamy- Mormons. I’m not saying the Vatican is blameless but they aren’t the only one covering up

..They don't support it...

But you admit they do cover it up...

Hmm.jpg

Then.. they do support it, or they wouldn't cover it up?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by McTosh
..They don't support it...

But you admit they do cover it up...

Hmm.jpg

Then.. they do support it, or they wouldn't cover it up?

Because they made a mistake and realised it would hurt them if they admitted it...
it backfired and now they are in deep trouble.
So what you meant to say is that SOME priests are pedophiles while other Catholics are just normal people
Both religions share many beliefs in common, have some similar practices and also many differences in terms of practice, historical traditions and theology.
They are monotheistic abrahamic faiths with over three thousand years of history between them; each has their own book of religious scripture plus centuries of archived rulings of their organisational leadership's interpretation and practical implementation of such scripture .
They both emphasize faith in god, obedience to the teaching of the religion's central founding individual and advocate practices like prayer/pilgrimage/fasting/good deeds/financial charity.

Both religions have experience of brutal internal strife and very repressive dark times in their history, usually as a result of violently unhinged religious fanatic leaders or power hungry despotic leaders whose ambitions were more mercenary or political than faith based.
Over the ages there has been horrifying torture, mass murders and sexual abuse scandals committed by bad apple ordained/self professed members of both religious communities too.
Original post by McTosh

Truth
Oh please!!!

I didn't create this thread for users to have a rant or to cause any unnecessary arguments! :frown:

I was just simply curious as to how similar the 2 are...

Thank you for those who have actually helped me answer my question and not got into a heated discussion about it; you know who you are! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending