The Student Room Group

Surviving year 13

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Stormragexox
Litterally so relatable. Year 13 is so much stress I have mocks in a week and I am so lost about what to revise :confused: I feel like time is going so fast Chemistry is so hard my teacher also makes really hard questions too. I really want to do my best and I still don't lnow if I am revising the right way. But same with bio it is one of my plus subjects aswell but revising all the topics together is so hard

I literally relate to everything you’re saying 😭😭😩
Original post by ArrowSnax
Same here, I do A level Chem, Bio and Geography. My Bio is going really well, but I spend so much time on Chemistry (just doesn't get into my brain) that my Geography suffers, even though it is a lot easier than any of my other subjects. I am honestly going crazy thinking about the exams in June :/

I do the same a levels and my chemistry is going so badly that I’m focussing more on that and it’s seriously affecting my geography grade even tho I have a really good chance of getting an A :/
Reply 22
Original post by Revengrrs
I do the same a levels and my chemistry is going so badly that I’m focussing more on that and it’s seriously affecting my geography grade even tho I have a really good chance of getting an A :/

That’s me with my third subject I’m neglecting it because of my science subjects
Reply 23
Update: I’ve had mocks got Bs in Bio and Chem; a lot of work to be done but I’m swamped by upcoming interviews that I don’t know to prepare for
Original post by hanaahxox
That’s me with my third subject I’m neglecting it because of my science subjects

Fully regret taking chem I’m so bad at it and I need a B :/ I’m just scraping an E now
Anyone got tips for university interviews
Reply 26
Original post by Revengrrs
Fully regret taking chem I’m so bad at it and I need a B :/ I’m just scraping an E now

Well the first question you need to ask yourself is if you’re understanding the content, if you aren’t that’s what you need to work on: watch allery chemistry on YouTube he explains things quite well, if it’s not the content it’s the exam questions and that comes with practise; it’s hard coz you don’t always have time with everything else but make exam questions a priority, personally I hate finding things to do especially when I’m on physics and maths tutor and there’s lots and lots of questions I’ll think to myself where do I start but do 1 set of exam questions on one section of a topic eg from physical you could do bonding or Arrhenius etc. Make it a routine hope that helps x
Reply 27
Original post by Issagoal28
Anyone got tips for university interviews

I deffo need interview tips !!
Out of interest , how many hours of revision do you guys do on a school day/ weekend ? I don’t feel like i do enough
I deffo need interview tips !!

Honestly, I’ve got my first pharmacy interview next week and im lost on how to prepare 😢
Reply 30
Honestly, I’ve got my first pharmacy interview next week and im lost on how to prepare 😢

Me for optom and orthoptics I feel like all the help is aimed at medics 😔😔😔
Original post by PPPPe2019
Out of interest , how many hours of revision do you guys do on a school day/ weekend ? I don’t feel like i do enough

On school days I do 3 hours, except Friday which is my break day. On weekends I do 4 hours. I did this during mocks and got ABB in biology, chemistry and English language respectively
Me for optom and orthoptics I feel like all the help is aimed at medics 😔😔😔

Honestly 😢when’s your interview? I’m looking for support anywhere now l
On school days I do 3 hours, except Friday which is my break day. On weekends I do 4 hours. I did this during mocks and got ABB in biology, chemistry and English language respectively

Fair enough I’m able to do that much on weekends but school days are much less productive
Original post by PPPPe2019
Fair enough I’m able to do that much on weekends but school days are much less productive

Oh on school days that includes my free periods at school 😂I have a short attention span so could never revise that much after school
Reply 35
How do you revise for three four hours without getting distracted any tips x
How do you revise for three four hours without getting distracted any tips x

In the same position, during breaks I done 7 hours straight EVERY DAY. Trust me, motivation is just the biggest factor in removing distractions. Putting your phone in a different room helps too. All that work was cancelled out by crappy sleep schedule though because I had two mocks first day back and was sleepy af during them lol.
Reply 37
Original post by Lemonadez
In the same position, during breaks I done 7 hours straight EVERY DAY. Trust me, motivation is just the biggest factor in removing distractions. Putting your phone in a different room helps too. All that work was cancelled out by crappy sleep schedule though because I had two mocks first day back and was sleepy af during them lol.

Thanks for the reply how do I motivate maself enough like at times I’ll be so motivated other times I’ll be like f this 😭😭😭
Thanks for the reply how do I motivate maself enough like at times I’ll be so motivated other times I’ll be like f this 😭😭😭

Not sure if there's an ACTUAL way of motivating yourself. It's just a mentality thing, I usually just force myself to sit down and put my head down to work.

Make sure to get good sleep as well. (:
Reply 39
Original post by Lemonadez
Not sure if there's an ACTUAL way of motivating yourself. It's just a mentality thing, I usually just force myself to sit down and put my head down to work.

Make sure to get good sleep as well. (:

Thanks a lot ❤️😅

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending