The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Me too
I'd aim for roughly 45 minutes if you've just started and want a real goal to look towards.
I usually take 35-40 minutes:smile:
This is crazy talk! 85% of you at least. I am 6 ft 2in tall. I play rugby 🏉. Lift like crazy. I’m now 34 and slower and weigh 233lbs. I by no means consider myself average or below athletically. I do two main running workouts through the week. The mile and 6 mile run... rugby you need both a sprint game and need to last all 80 mins.My best mile is 7:20My best 6 mile is 52:22Each time I am exhausted and drenched in sweat. If you take an average person off the streets, I do not think they could match those stats unless they were above average and in shape/ has training. Remember the average person does not run or train hard, or play a sport. The average person can’t walk up to a bench press and through up 315 lbs. not how it works unless you have retard strength. No offense sarah!
Reply 24
Nice. I'm 37 never did long distance only sprinting. That's through army and testosterone lol. I ran 5 miles in 32:15. I gotta try your pace
I train 2/3 times a week (run), swim and gym the other days and and generally pretty fit... I just can’t run faster that 10min miles for longer than 2 miles!!! How on earth can people run 6 miles in 30mins!?!? 😳😳 Thats twice as fast as me and I’m literally dying at the end of my runs!! I just can’t do it no matter how hard I push myself. Amazing!!! Clearly I wasn’t made for running!!! How do people use sprinting training to improve speed?? (What’s the plan?)
probally
Reply 27
Not to call you out or anything but saying you can run 6 miles in 26 minutes 42 seconds is a little far. By that logic you can run 3 mile (5km essentially) in the low 14 minutes where the current women's world record is 14 minutes and 11 seconds.
Reply 28
Probably about 50 minutes on a good day? Flat ground.
Liar.world record is 28.18 😂 some people just say stuff
So true. I am 5ft11, 215lbs, run 6Mile in 1hr. If I push it I can do 55 mins if I really go for it. World record is 28.17:53 and someone is claiming to do it in 26 mins. The stuff people say.
Original post by slowrunner
Liar.world record is 28.18 😂 some people just say stuff

Original post by nekniretan
This is crazy talk! 85% of you at least. I am 6 ft 2in tall. I play rugby 🏉. Lift like crazy. I’m now 34 and slower and weigh 233lbs. I by no means consider myself average or below athletically. I do two main running workouts through the week. The mile and 6 mile run... rugby you need both a sprint game and need to last all 80 mins.My best mile is 7:20My best 6 mile is 52:22Each time I am exhausted and drenched in sweat. If you take an average person off the streets, I do not think they could match those stats unless they were above average and in shape/ has training. Remember the average person does not run or train hard, or play a sport. The average person can’t walk up to a bench press and through up 315 lbs. not how it works unless you have ****** strength. No offense sarah!
Nobody even mention the type of running terrain and route. I'm sure steep elevation is going effect times 🤷*♂️ i think on a flat running track every one, pro and beginning will shave loads off there pb... unless we all run same route, times don't mean much

Latest