The Student Room Group

Masters loan rejected

Hi,

I am a 4th year Computer Science student, I have received funding for every year of my studies - I undertook a placement year for which I got funding for the reduced tuition (1k) for that year.

I have been applying to do a postgraduate masters course, starting in September 2019. However, I am being rejected from receiving the post grad loan whenever I apply. I am an English national and have always lived in England.

I get the message:

"You can't currently apply for student finance Based on your year of study and domicile, we cannot provide a Postgraduate Master's Loan for you at this time."

Which is not a very helpful response as of why I cannot apply, and wondered if anyone could help me as of why. Also any alternative options for funding would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Original post by MertonL
Hi,

I am a 4th year Computer Science student, I have received funding for every year of my studies - I undertook a placement year for which I got funding for the reduced tuition (1k) for that year.

I have been applying to do a postgraduate masters course, starting in September 2019. However, I am being rejected from receiving the post grad loan whenever I apply. I am an English national and have always lived in England.

I get the message:

"You can't currently apply for student finance Based on your year of study and domicile, we cannot provide a Postgraduate Master's Loan for you at this time."

Which is not a very helpful response as of why I cannot apply, and wondered if anyone could help me as of why. Also any alternative options for funding would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Applications for the PGL for 2019/20 aren’t open yet. You’re being rejected because you already have funding for your undergrad degree in 18/19.

Wait until April/May time and apply to 19/20
Original post by MertonL
Hi,

I get the message:

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Applications for the 2019/20 academic year have not yet launched. Postgraduate Loan applications will be released around mid June.

Keep an eye on our social media channels and websites for updates on this.

Thanks, Erin
I have been given the same message just today - No reason given. I’m a UK citizen under 60 which is the basic criteria as far as I know.
Original post by Adrian guitar
I have been given the same message just today - No reason given. I’m a UK citizen under 60 which is the basic criteria as far as I know.

Application for post graduate loans is still not open. Try again towards the end of May/June.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending