The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gold DInar
You are incorrect and you should be careful when speaking on matters within Islam, and calling something halal when it is actually something haraam. This is an act of kufr(disbelief) in Islam and you could leave the religion - however you have the excuse of ignorance in this case as you are a jahil. But next time you should hold your tongue when speaking regarding matters of Islam without knowledge. - But someone like Abu Layth, of course, he is a kafir with the amount of kufr he has in this videos whilst claiming to be "knowledgeable" or "studied".

Free-mixing outside of professional reasons and just "talking" to the sister and "asking her out" without her mahrams present is haraam. You can speak to her in this manner with her mahram(s) present. You can also make a whatsapp gc with her and her mahram(who can ghost) and you can also speak to her in this manner. You should learn what islam says regarding these matters instead of doing blind taqlid on the western concept of "romance, love and marriage".

You probably misunderstand the concept of Islam. Secondly, it’s based on your intentions. So if you’re planning to f around, then it isn’t a right thing to talk to her. But if you’re willing to go with a true relationship. It is all fine. Btw it isn’t right to sort things as haram or halal based on your mindset. If it’s like that. Then Muslims would never marry I guess.
Reply 41
Never said that. The best method to approach a practicing sister is via a third party as I said. However, if that is not possible in any way, then it is possible to respectfully, ask directly for her mahram/wali contact details.

You are incorrect and you should be careful when speaking on matters within Islam, and calling something halal when it is actually something haraam. This is an act of kufr(disbelief) in Islam and you could leave the religion - however you have the excuse of ignorance in this case as you are a jahil. But next time you should hold your tongue when speaking regarding matters of Islam without knowledge. - But someone like Abu Layth, of course, he is a kafir with the amount of kufr he has in this videos whilst claiming to be "knowledgeable" or "studied".

Free-mixing outside of professional reasons and just "talking" to the sister and "asking her out" without her mahrams present is haraam. You can speak to her in this manner with her mahram(s) present. You can also make a whatsapp gc with her and her mahram(who can ghost) and you can also speak to her in this manner. You should learn what islam says regarding these matters instead of doing blind taqlid on the western concept of "romance, love and marriage".

Another ignorant "muslim"speaking. Lecturing people with your anti -western rhetoric because different cultures have different views on" romance, love and marriage " Sad.
Original post by Ruhab Dabeer
Hi everyone I got a little problem. I am a Sunni Muslim and I heavily respect Islam but there is a girl in my college who is also a Muslim and I really like her because she is a very nice person and her personality. I kinda have a crush on her but is this Haram to have a crush and I want to be her boyfriend though I plan to do this right after I end college.
But please help if this is Haram or anything or an advice to get close to her. In Islam it is essential to pass down knowledge so having a wife is essential.
My friend has a girlfriend who is also a Muslim and both of his parents and his gf's parents know they are together.
I don't want to be that lovey dovey or kissy guy
I just wanna be very close friends with her
So plz help!!!

Allahu akhbar

You are incorrect and you should be careful when speaking on matters within Islam, and calling something halal when it is actually something haraam. This is an act of kufr(disbelief) in Islam and you could leave the religion - however you have the excuse of ignorance in this case as you are a jahil. But next time you should hold your tongue when speaking regarding matters of Islam without knowledge

i agree with you bro, but this isnt necessarily an act of kufr in this specific case, because the answer of whether or not its appropriate to interact with a girl is from a matter which requires ijtihad and is not a matter which is "clear" unlike for example alcohol and the flesh of swine.
This religion is a stain on humanity
Reply 45
Lol. Take solace in the objective fact that Islam is ******** and do whatever you like.
People who leave or question the religion are marginalised. I cannot show compassion towards a religion that has done more harm than good but i guess everybody has their own opinions
Original post by mgi
The comments made by so many muslims on these threads gives a bad impression of Islam and makes it look so unattractive. No compassion and even some trolling. And very defensive about things that don't even make sense to themselves. Most couldn't explain the texts from the Quran. They just use them to attack others and judge them.
La3natullahi 3ala haa'ulaa'i ghayru muslimeen
Original post by Anonymous
This religion is a stain on humanity

and you're a stain to humanity that's why you're anonymous
Reply 49
Original post by moumisayed
and you're a stain to humanity that's why you're anonymous

wow good one.
Having a crush is not Haram. Also, as far as I know, you can go on dates and stuff but just as long as it's not the two of you alone. It can't be the two of you (a male and a female) alone in a room because the third person then is said to be the Shaytaan. So, I'd say it's fine to date as long as you have someone else with you guys (I know they'd be a third wheel, but that's how it is :s-smilie:).
Hi everyone I got a little problem. I am a Sunni Muslim and I heavily respect Islam but there is a girl in my college who is also a Muslim and I really like her because she is a very nice person and her personality. I kinda have a crush on her but is this Haram to have a crush and I want to be her boyfriend though I plan to do this right after I end college.
But please help if this is Haram or anything or an advice to get close to her. In Islam it is essential to pass down knowledge so having a wife is essential.
My friend has a girlfriend who is also a Muslim and both of his parents and his gf's parents know they are together.
So plz help!!!
La3natullahi 3ala haa'ulaa'i ghayru muslimeen

Lmao. That’s not how Islam works. Definitely explains your wrong thoughts. Mate you need to reorient your thoughts and knowledge about your own religion
you're inhibiting your ability to progress further academically , **** relationships, education is the most important thing to any student don't distract yourself.
So plz help!!!
if you like her express your feelings to her before its way too late talk to her
It's haraam in Islam to interact and free-mix with a non-mahram of the opposite gender outside of professional reasons. You cannot be "friends" with her either as it is haraam. Having a "crush" or attraction to the opposite gender is not haraam, it is from the natural desires of mankind, the opposite genders have been created by Allah(swt) like this and they are naturally attracted to each other. However, acting upon this in a haraam manner is haraam, and instead you should seek a halal means which is to go via a third person and ask for the sisters male mahram contact details(her brothers/father) or preferably her wali(which may be her father). You can arrange meetings then with her mahrams present.

Secondly, you should try to lower you gaze as this is what has caused you to fall into this situation of "infactuation". And in Islam, Love does not exist before marriage. Don't be a dayooth and waste your time and waste the sisters time, be a man and go to her brothers/father using the method I have explained and arrange meetings in the presense of her mahrams so you can get to know her, then you will know whether or not she is compatible and a good muslimah and suitable for marriage.

Thirdly, being in education still is not a barrier to marriage. Marriage in Islam is not the same as that of the western culture or the "desi" culture of having some sort of big wedding thing. Rather it is just to get the nikah contract signed so that you two become halal for each other according to the Sharia' of Allah(swt). You can then talk to the sister and do whatever you want as your interaction etc. is all halal as you are married to her. You can agree to stay with your parents and she can stay with her parents and after you have finished education, and have a job you can agree to then move in together. So this is the idea of marriage in Islam and in Islam it is encouraged to get married young. Sadly, it is the backward culture of many parents who are cultural and dont have much knowledge in islam so they make things hard as they thing you have to finish eduction get a job buy a house etc. to get married. You said you have an attachment to Islam which means you care about Al Islam, and you have some level of imaan and taqwa of Allah(swt), so do the correct thing, don't disobey Allah(swt). Don't turn your back on Allah, otherwise Allah will leave you and you are the one in need of Allah, and Allah is not in need of anyone.

I can personally also attest that this type of marriage works and I have seen many of examples of this working. I too also received a proposal actually whilst I was in sixth form from a sister. It all depends on whether your parents are cultural or Islamic. If they care more about Islam then it will be easier for you.

So what should I only just started to have interest in her. I am too afraid to go to her parents. I don't even know where she lives as well
D:
Never said that. The best method to approach a practicing sister is via a third party as I said. However, if that is not possible in any way, then it is possible to respectfully, ask directly for her mahram/wali contact details.

I know i can't ask her out.
Pray that I find the right way
So what should I only just started to have interest in her. I am too afraid to go to her parents. I don't even know where she lives as well
D:

You can go to her older brother if she has one as he is a mahram for her. Speak to him. Go via a third person to ask this sister regarding contact details for her mahram older brother and whether she is interested at all even. they and her older brother would even respect you more if he is inclined towards Islam for this.
Bro I don't know where she lives how can I just meet up with her brother if she has one

I am only 17 and at college

You can go to her older brother if she has one as he is a mahram for her. Speak to him. Go via a third person to ask this sister regarding contact details for her mahram older brother and whether she is interested at all even. they and her older brother would even respect you more if he is inclined towards Islam for this.
Bro I don't know where she lives how can I just meet up with her brother if she has one

I am only 17 and at college

Read what I said akhi. Go via a third person and if that is not possible at all, then as last resort you can go up and ask regarding your interest and her mahram older brother. Also, it's exam season, focus on your exams and getting good grades, because I doubt anyone's parents or brothers will consider a prospect who is failing in his studies. Do istikhara also.

And if this sister finds this weird and does not like this, then she is not good for you and it is a good thing and you will have saved yourself from a lot of problems as this is a halal approach which you went through rather than a haraam one.
(edited 4 years ago)
Okay I will focus on my exams to get good grades
What do you mean by third person though bhai?

Read what I said akhi. Go via a third person and if that is not possible at all, then as last resort you can go up and ask regarding your interest and her mahram older brother. Also, it's exam season, focus on your exams and getting good grades, because I doubt anyone's parents or brothers will consider a prospect who is failing in his studies. Do istikhara also.

And if this sister finds this weird and does not like this, then she is not good for you and it is a good thing and you will have saved yourself from a lot of problems as this is a halal approach which you went through rather than a haraam one.

Latest

Trending

Trending