The Student Room Group

Dnipro Medical Institute. I'm a student AMA

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys can someone get in touch with me. In applying for the 5th year in medicine transfer. Is anyone going in October?
yea I'm doing 4 year graduate entry in Dentistry. coming from uk
Awesome how have u found the agency? I’ve been trying to research about the uni. How are you finding it? U starting in October?
Original post by Ace_star
yea I'm doing 4 year graduate entry in Dentistry. coming from uk
What are the entry requirements and how much are your fees?
Original post by JoshTurningPoint
I study at Dnipro Medical Institute of Traditional and non traditional medicine in Ukraine. AMA!
mainly looked on here and rang a few agencies. bit nervous moving to a different country. I manage to get onto a 4 year graduate degree with just A levels equivalent lol. Pm me for more info. am taking a year out and managed to have enough to pay for the first few years tuition feea
There’s 7,200 for first year and 6th year its 3k
£7500 inc fees in first year then £3000 remaining 3 years, this is for Dentistry btw
Is there a Facebook group or society about the uni?
that's the only uni that allowed me to do a 4 year graduate dental course as appose to 6 so Im not really bothered about if there's no uk students as I can always transfer to Kiev or other EU countries. the fees are dirt cheap compared to EU
I’m hearing all these stories about safety and corruption. That once ur on the course it’s hard to pass and u have to pay money to professors as they corrupted to let u pass! It’s making me worried, also how agents are frauds.
that's the only uni that allowed me to do a 4 year graduate dental course as appose to 6 so Im not really bothered about if there's no uk students as I can always transfer to Kiev or other EU countries. the fees are dirt cheap compared to EU
I've heard same stories for all other uni's
So I don’t know if it’s safe I’m really apprehensive
that Ukraine and Russia things ended
rediculously untrue
Original post by Lovemedicine786
I’m hearing all these stories about safety and corruption. That once ur on the course it’s hard to pass and u have to pay money to professors as they corrupted to let u pass! It’s making me worried, also how agents are frauds.
Reply 34
so how did you all heard that dnipro is not safe and there is a corruption going on ? first of all i am a dentistry student over there and it is my 3rd year so far. for 3 years i havent felt unsafe once or in some kind of danger. probably you are speaking about the events that happened in the past between Russia and Ukraine but still that is miles away from dnipro.... speaking of the corruption for 3 years I saw 2 students to try and bribe the professors and guess what happened to them.... expelled on the same day. finally, of course it's hard if you don't study, even then if you find it hard then you are not as interested in the subject as you should be that you are studying... so enjoy your student years guys and don't believe in uneducated opinions
(edited 4 years ago)
what's the rent like for sharing a house instead of getting an apartment
Im also looking to start year3 at dnipro in September! Drop me a message and we’ll get a group going. Also have you met many UK students applying?
what's the rent like for sharing a house instead of getting an apartment
I've decided to start in year 2 because I don't want to skip too much. I start in October 1st so am going to go 1 week before.
Reply 38
hey
how do you afford tuition fees?
Hi guys im thinking of applying to Dnipro for grad entry. I have a couple of questions first though.
Ive been in contact with both agents and the GMC. The GMC require minimum 5,500 hours of contact time.. now this means lectures and study time ONLY. they do NOT count the final year which you do as Dnipro as contact time. This final year at Dnipro is placement/internship (equivalent to UK FY1), and is assessed differently, and therefore does not count to the 5,500 hours required by the GMC.. This placement lasts the whole year also, consisting of 6 week rotations in different specialties.
So therefore the important question is, how are the 5,500 hours supposed to be made up in years 1-3... ?? If anyone has answers please let me know as this is make or break for an application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending