The Student Room Group

I had sex while 4 months pregnant will I be pregnant again?

I had unprotected sex while 4 months pregnant is it possible I could get pregnant with another child while already pregnant with one?

Scroll to see replies

I always wondered that
Do people normally have sex while prego?
Yes
It is almost impossible to. In order for fertilization to occur you need to ovulate. Since ovulation stops when you become pregnant that means you most likely can't get pregnant again.
I thought not, as I read somewhere that the womb gets sealed somehow during the pregnancy which of course breaks when the baby is due.
You’ll have triplets actually
Reply 7
This is how the contraceptive pill works by faking pregnancy via hormones to stop ovulation. Just a suggestion why don't you spend the next 5 months brushing up on sex ed. Thread starter.
Original post by Yasmin1224
Yes

Original post by Arman132
It is almost impossible to. In order for fertilization to occur you need to ovulate. Since ovulation stops when you become pregnant that means you most likely can't get pregnant again.
Original post by Illusination
You’ll have triplets actually

She can also have 4 tbh 2 each time 😂
Original post by Danielle K
I had unprotected sex while 4 months pregnant is it possible I could get pregnant with another child while already pregnant with one?

no, that's not how it works
Are you sure you are old and mature enough to be pregnant?
Also you do know std's can effect the baby's development don't you.
Original post by Scotney
This is how the contraceptive pill works by faking pregnancy via hormones to stop ovulation. Just a suggestion why don't you spend the next 5 months brushing up on sex ed. Thread starter.

https://www.businessinsider.com/can-you-get-pregnant-once-youre-already-pregnant-superfetation-2017-10?r=US&IR=T
Reply 13
OMG you're going to have twins! And if you have it again in another 4 months you'll get the baby pregnant if you read the other post made by an idiot who also should't be able to procreate. :wink:
Reply 14

7/10

I know it's a troll, but I could almost imagine some dumb person actually asking something like this on here, what with some of the questions these days...
Gurl, you'll be running a daycare soon enough.
I feel like I am giving a sex ed lesson on this trolls thread! Actually have heard of this case.
You cannot get pregnant in the traditional sense (the kind you are worried about) while pregnant, as you stop ovulating and the body forms a barrier to stoping semen from reaching the uterus.

However, there is an incredibly rare phenomenon called superfetation where essentially in the days or first few weeks after falling pregnant an egg can be released and fertilised - resulting in two babies being delivered at the same time.

Having sex and being sexual while pregnant is absolutely natural, normal and healthy (though a dip in libido is also natural too). This said in some cases a women may be advised against some forms of sexual activity due to health circumstances of their pregnancy. Remember too if you are not using a condom you are not protected from STIs.

I'd talk to your doctor/midwife about these questions. Don't worry and try to enjoy this special, quiet time.
:smile:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/sex-in-pregnancy/

No, sweetie, you won't. It's physically impossible to get double pregnant. The hormones produced to release eggs that are fertilised when impregnated are no longer created when you are pregnant. Don't worry about it, and good luck with the pregnancy. :smile:
People taking this as a joke.. you cant get pregnant once already implantation you can get pregnant twice at the very start with even 2 possible dads, twins with 2 dads :wink: but not that far in

Quick Reply

Latest