The Student Room Group

Never had a boyfriend

Hey guys I’m 20 and I’ve never had a boyfriend is it weird. Sometimes I get discouraged cause everyone I know has one. I just finished first year at uni. I’m quite good looking, I can carry a convo but I do get nervous at the thought of a first date and actually having a boyfriend thus I guess it looks like I’m not interested when I am.
Got any advice ?
Exact same situation. Don't worry about it though. You can meet new people all the time. Just because you don't have a boyfriend yet doesn't mean that it's a bad thing, just that you are waiting for the right one to come along. :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys I’m 20 and I’ve never had a boyfriend is it weird. Sometimes I get discouraged cause everyone I know has one. I just finished first year at uni. I’m quite good looking, I can carry a convo but I do get nervous at the thought of a first date and actually having a boyfriend thus I guess it looks like I’m not interested when I am.
Got any advice ?
Reply 2
As someone who's had a few boyfriends before 20 sometimes I wish I hadn't had any, so much wasted time and energy in people when it wasn't worth it.
Original post by Den987
Exact same situation. Don't worry about it though. You can meet new people all the time. Just because you don't have a boyfriend yet doesn't mean that it's a bad thing, just that you are waiting for the right one to come along. :

it is reassuring to know that someone else is in the same position x
(edited 4 years ago)
[QUOTE="Anonymous;84003120"]Hey guys I’m 20 and I’ve never had a boyfriend is it weird. Sometimes I get discouraged cause everyone I know has one. I just finished first year at uni. I’m quite good looking, I can carry a convo but I do get nervous at the thought of a first date and actually having a boyfriend thus I guess it looks like I’m not interested when I am.
Got anyt
Got any advice ?

There’s nothing wrong with that. In fact that’s a good thing. Having boyfriends/girlfriends is such a waste of time. You should just have one in your life that you’re serious with.
Reply 5
Got any advice ?

Yes. What are your nerves exactly about? Guys are just people! Make friends. Get interested in people's stories. Everyone has them! And stop trying to be psychic and seeing the future. lol. Be sociable and approachable and kind. Then you can watch yourself getting dates. But you need to be clear sbout what you are wanting. If you want a long term relationship then keep your clothes on in front of the guy for at least 3 months beause this will give you time to spot the good guys from the d..ks!
Trust me, most people in relationships are actually jealous of singletons. Relationships are hard work. Enjoy your freedom whilst you still have it.
Reply 7
Original post by PhylaVell
Trust me, most people in relationships are actually jealous of singletons. Relationships are hard work. Enjoy your freedom whilst you still have it.

I do not believe this to be true. On the contrary i think that ,quite rightly ,most people want someone to love and be loved. But great things are not easy to accomplish but can be done!

Relationships don't have to be hard work. Once you have the right person (and i mean someone who you really connect with) then you'll have one of the best experiences :wink:
Original post by mgi
I do not believe this to be true. On the contrary i think that ,quite rightly ,most people want someone to love and be loved. But great things are not easy to accomplish but can be done!

You don't have to be in a relationship to find someone to love and feel loved. Often, a lot of people are sad because they forget that the most important person who should love them is their self.
I am 19, still never had a proper boyfriend, still a virgin etc etc, I get asked out now and again, but I am just waiting for the right person. Most of my friends are in relationships but quite a few seem absolutely miserable and are constantly telling me how defeated and exhausted emotionally they feel. They want to end it but don't wanna upset the other. I'd rather be single and happy than force a relationship to "fit in". Things will happen when they do trust me.
Got any advice ?

Just get a cat, people are too much effort:smile:
I am 19, still never had a proper boyfriend, still a virgin etc etc, I get asked out now and again, but I am just waiting for the right person. Most of my friends are in relationships but quite a few seem absolutely miserable and are constantly telling me how defeated and exhausted emotionally they feel. They want to end it but don't wanna upset the other. I'd rather be single and happy than force a relationship to "fit in". Things will happen when they do trust me.

You sound very much like my 'friend' who had the same experience. She ended up finding someone and its a lot better for her now. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Face your fears head on and hope for the best and if it doesn't work out, just pick yourself up and try again.
Reply 13
You don't have to be in a relationship to find someone to love and feel loved. Often, a lot of people are sad because they forget that the most important person who should love them is their self.

Yes, i agree with you up to a point; a person must first love themselves! However, life is about relationships as well. I prefer to love myself and also be loved as well. Living yourself does not equal choosing to be single and then saying your are in love! In love with whom? just yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending