The Student Room Group

Hardly ever contacts me but insists he's interested in me

I've recently been seeing a guy who I can safely say I've fallen head over heels for. I had met him a while back and we saw each other pretty regularly, however now that I've changed jobs we don't see each other much. I've tried messaging him to arrange when we're next meeting and to stay in contact because we did decide we'd still like to see each other and see where it goes but I hardly get a response. I confronted him about this and he said that he's not much of a texter but insists he's interested in me but how can we keep this up if we only talk/see each other like once a fortnight? I feel like if a man was really interested, he'd do what it takes to reach out? what should I do?
Reply 1
well i certainly wouldnt blow up to him about this because youll drive him away however if he insists hes interested believe him!!! Stay centered, simply suggest that youd love to see each other more often & see what his response is :h:

Original post by Anonymous
I've recently been seeing a guy who I can safely say I've fallen head over heels for. I had met him a while back and we saw each other pretty regularly, however now that I've changed jobs we don't see each other much. I've tried messaging him to arrange when we're next meeting and to stay in contact because we did decide we'd still like to see each other and see where it goes but I hardly get a response. I confronted him about this and he said that he's not much of a texter but insists he's interested in me but how can we keep this up if we only talk/see each other like once a fortnight? I feel like if a man was really interested, he'd do what it takes to reach out? what should I do?
(edited 4 years ago)
I was like that with a guy. Turned out I wasn't all that into him and just didn't realise it myself yet. :dontknow: I don't particularly enjoy texting yet when I do really like someone that goes out the window because it means I can talk to them!! :lol:
If he felt the same way as you do, he would make time to see you- whether he prefers to arrange by phone, text or social media.
Sounds like he's lost interest in you and wants to be polite.
Or else he was never serious about an exclusive relationship and considers you as a possible sexual partner for whenever it is most convenient to him.
Reply 4
Thanks guys. So I reckon it's very likely that he may only be interested in me for sex - I feel like maybe he thinks I'm an easy option because we have been intimate (maybe earlier than expected but it was in the moment). Could it be then that that's why he's not really trying to get to know me more. He did say that he's too busy to text, he prefers phone calls and he asked me to call him if I ever wanted to chat BUT idk if this is genuine. Because he's not replied to my texts in the past. Whereas if I ever saw a message from him, I'd be really happy and message back whenever I'm free. Only takes seconds to reply. So I don't get how he can be interested, but look at a notification from me and not respond until a week later. But with that being said, when he does respond he makes it clear he's interested. It's a weird one I know. I just don't want to be strung along and have my heart broken again. I'd rather be single than feel low about myself.
Hmm its a tricky one. (Guy here). I'm gonna say that its hard to tell cause im 50/50 between...

- He is literally just looking for sex.

- He does genuinely like you, but is a bit awkward and doesn't know how to talk. Or maybe he thinks you're not interested so responds likewise.

He might possibly think hes interested but isn't deep down.

Its a tough situ. I would say for now focus on something else. Put in less effort and let him initiate convo. If he does try and gauge what he wants. If not focus on someone whos worth your time, or doing something fun. I'm getting low key chad vibes here tho. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending