The Student Room Group

Failed my resit: No option to resit the year ,help!!

hi, i started my pg dip in 2017, i recently failed the OSCE exam, and underwent a resit which i failed again. i had a meeting with my module leader and basically she said this was it, that i had no option to redo the year. i have been told to withdraw.
now i would like some information on anyone who underwent a appeal against the decision made.
I was not made aware that i would not get another chance to redo the year if i failed the resit again. I have passed all other components needed for the diploma.
I understand there is a internal process, which i am going to follow.But does anyone have any pointers for this please.
Please if anyone has any idea, or suggestion , put it forward. much appreciate any help or advice.
Original post by Khan222
hi, i started my pg dip in 2017, i recently failed the OSCE exam, and underwent a resit which i failed again. i had a meeting with my module leader and basically she said this was it, that i had no option to redo the year. i have been told to withdraw.
now i would like some information on anyone who underwent a appeal against the decision made.
I was not made aware that i would not get another chance to redo the year if i failed the resit again. I have passed all other components needed for the diploma.
I understand there is a internal process, which i am going to follow.But does anyone have any pointers for this please.
Please if anyone has any idea, or suggestion , put it forward. much appreciate any help or advice.

As you started the course in 2017, you have probably missed the window for appeals to be considered.

Most (if not all) universities have a 2 strikes policy (i.e. fail the same assignment/exam twice and you retake the year/get removed from your course, depending on the specific university's policy on this) - this would have been outlined in the university's student regulations.

If you had no mitigating circumstances to explain your fails, then they were under no obligation to let you progress further.
Original post by Khan222

What are your grounds for the appeal? Usually an appeal requires you to show there was some error in the process. That's usually the key to how successful you are likely to be.
Original post by Khan222

What threeport drift said.

IF you wish to appeal, then you need to read the rules and have some grounds for appeal, normally something happened to you to cause you to fail to have a fair attempt. or they did something wrong. Work out what those grounds are.

You should know the rules beforehand, they are freely available and you can ask.

Depending on the course and uni then retake is not automatically available and for health courses first sit and resit are typical.
Do you understand why you failed?
Did you have any extenuating circumstances such as illness?

Go and see the student advisor and see what difference there is from your withdrawing to them withdrawing you. There may be something to save or you might be able to transfer if you can find someone to accept you. You can also talk to your professional body.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending