The Student Room Group

Should I start wearing a hijab?

I’m going to sixth form/college now and dk if I should start wearing a hijab...
I would’ve started in yr 7 but I didn’t and if I do I’m halfway through yr 7 to 11 then I thought that’ll look weird
Anyway...
I watched a video and some people were like I started wearing a hijab then I became more mature and responsible, and one person said she wanted to gain those qualities first then wear a hijab
Me? Well I’ll say I’m not really religious... i mean I should be but I don’t pray or do other like really religious actions....

There r pros and cons to wearing a hijab like it’ll be much easier in the morning and I’m tired of fixing my hair now...also it’ll cover my neck and insecurities I have bout it....

I don’t wanna use a hijab as a fashion object or tool but what I said in the previous paragraph I think I am 😕😣

Please help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sannah 21

Me? Well I’ll say I’m not really religious... i mean I should be but I don’t pray or do other like really religious actions....

I don't think using a hijab to cover up a bad hair day is a good reason to wear one. If you are not religious, don't wear it.
You can become mature and responsible without covering your hair with some fabric.
Reply 3
Original post by black tea
I don't think using a hijab to cover up a bad hair day is a good reason to wear one. If you are not religious, don't wear it.

K...
Thanks
So you want to wear it to rid your worries about fixing your hair?
Reply 5
Original post by SlightlySummer
So you want to wear it to rid your worries about fixing your hair?

Yh and I think it looks nicer on me
Urgh I feel so ashamed saying that

Yh I won’t start wearing it until I gain my maturity and become more religious 🙏🏻
A. Hijab is seen as Fardh (Compulsory) and it's deemed Haram (Forbidden) to avoid wearing it if you've reached the age of understanding.
B. It's not good to expose your sins, i.e; the praying.
C. One wears Hijab to fulfil religious obligations and draw closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى) (Glory to Him, the Exalted.)

In sha Allah (God willing), pray Salat al Istikharah. Also reflect upon your intention.

Hope this helps. السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته (May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you.)
(edited 4 years ago)
What black tea said. You have to genuinely want to wear the hijab because god demands you to otherwise you’ll find it difficult to keep it on.
Yh and I think it looks nicer on me
Urgh I feel so ashamed saying that

Yh I won’t start wearing it until I gain my maturity and become more religious 🙏🏻

Ok, well that's a good thing because our generation have girls who wear hijab and commit zina, or drink and whatnot.
In Shaa Allah you will be guided, as it is fardh to put it bluntly, but you have to have the right intentions
Original post by EliteWhovian
A. Hijab is Fardh and it's Haram to avoid wearing it if you've reached the age of understanding.
C.Your intention of wearing the Hijab is not at all good, one wears Hijab to fulfull religious obligations and draw closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى)

In sha Allah, pray Salat al Istikharah and make a promise to yourself that you will wear Hijab. Also reflect upon your intention.

Hope this helps. السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It's against forum rules to post in a foreign language without providing a translation.
Original post by EliteWhovian
A. Hijab is Fardh and it's Haram to avoid wearing it if you've reached the age of understanding.
C.Your intention of wearing the Hijab is not at all good, one wears Hijab to fulfull religious obligations and draw closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى)

In sha Allah, pray Salat al Istikharah and make a promise to yourself that you will wear Hijab. Also reflect upon your intention.

Hope this helps. السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Translations :rolleyes::

(swt)-the most glorified, the most high
May peace and mercy and blessings of Allah be Upon You
You're not ready to wear it.
Reply 12
Original post by HumbleBee_x
You're not ready to wear it.

Thanks
No. Don’t wear it, it’s unnecessary and silly.
Reply 14
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
No. Don’t wear it, it’s unnecessary and silly.

Hijab??!?!?!?!
I don’t think it’s great to ask people on here tbh. If you think it’ll help you become more mature and religious try it out. But if you think it’s a burden after then you can’t really take it off whenever you want to or please go without a serious reason. But, it’s between you and God. It’s up to you. The fact that you’re asking on here and using ‘bad hair day’ and insecurities as your excuse to wear one doesn’t sound great it you know yourself better than others do
Hijab??!?!?!?!

Yes.
Reply 17
Yes.

How can u say it’s silly and unnecessary
Wtf

Well u think ur way I think mine
But why tf u thinking that
How can u say it’s silly and unnecessary
Wtf

Well u think ur way I think mine
But why tf u thinking that

Because it is. A piece of cloth on your head does absolutely nothing to make you more religious, responsible, modest etc. You can change your perspective and mental state without covering your hair.
Because it is. A piece of cloth on your head does absolutely nothing to make you more religious, responsible, modest etc. You can change your perspective and mental state without covering your hair.

It’s not about being more religious. You have to have the mentality and the cloth on your head is there to help you keep that mental state and to show yourself and others that you’re devoted to our religion. So it’s more than just a cloth over the head. If you can’t understand the value of a cloth and the meaning it has behind it, then I don’t think you’ve understood the value of it. If that’s the case, then the Quran is just a book with pages in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending