The Student Room Group

I have been cursed with bad luck

I left education altogether at 17 because I fell ill and also failed one of my AS exams and I have never failed an exam in my life and it scared me and started to think I was cursed, so now I think if I go into education later on in life I will fail everything I touch, but that could also be my illness which was really affecting my work. I am scared I won’t be clever again. I feel like my sister cursed me because she’s jealous I did better than her at school. When I tell her something about school and my grades (which aren’t great by the way) she just stares at me or she doesn’t say anything. I don’t know what to do. Ever since then I was never able to remember things, I started losing it and I am cursed with bad luck because I lose every game I play and unable to concentrate on anything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I left education altogether at 17 because I fell ill and also failed one of my AS exams and I have never failed an exam in my life and it scared me and started to think I was cursed, so now I think if I go into education later on in life I will fail everything I touch, but that could also be my illness which was really affecting my work. I am scared I won’t be clever again. I feel like my sister cursed me because she’s jealous I did better than her at school. When I tell her something about school and my grades (which aren’t great by the way) she just stares at me or she doesn’t say anything. I don’t know what to do. Ever since then I was never able to remember things, I started losing it and I am cursed with bad luck because I lose every game I play and unable to concentrate on anything.

Curses aren't real, so don't worry you aren't cursed. Sounds like you're struggling with your mental health a little bit. I recommend speaking to your GP or a trusted adult for advice.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Curses aren't real, so don't worry you aren't cursed. Sounds like you're struggling with your mental health a little bit. I recommend speaking to your GP or a trusted adult for advice.

you made a definitive statement - what's your evidence to suggest curses aren't real?

this is a very misleading comment, if you cannot prove your position - otherwise its a baseless claim.
Reply 3
Original post by gr8wizard10
you made a definitive statement - what's your evidence to suggest curses aren't real?

this is a very misleading comment, if you cannot prove your position - otherwise its a baseless claim.

They just stated something they believe with no evidence.
They just stated something they believe with no evidence.

they should provide evidence or pre-fix their comment with '[I believe] that curses aren't real'
You haven’t been cursed! Sometimes we all feel drained and like we want to give up. Keep striving for what you want in life. You’re a fighter
Reply 6
Original post by Marymelon123
You haven’t been cursed! Sometimes we all feel drained and like we want to give up. Keep striving for what you want in life. You’re a fighter

I’d rather kill my sister for cursing me

Is there any evidence that you have been cursed? Because, blaming a ‘curse’ is a very strange thing to do especially if you suspect it’s from your sister.
Original post by Professional G
Is there any evidence that you have been cursed?

yes, if the claim is presented as a definitive argument.
Are you hearing yourself right now?? Your sister cursed you because she was jealous. Good attempt at trolling though 👌
Original post by OR321
Are you hearing yourself right now?? Your sister cursed you because she was jealous. Good attempt at trolling though 👌

People don’t want what’s best for you, that’s just life. That’s why you should be humble and stay quiet about these things
I can lift curses

Spoiler

Original post by I'm God
I can lift curses

Spoiler

I can’t even go to school ever again mate
yes, if the claim is presented as a definitive argument.

Since it hasn’t been? You cannot assume you have been cursed.

I’d rather kill my sister for cursing me

I don’t think anyone needs to tell you that this is a stupid idea.
Original post by Professional G
Since it hasn’t been? You cannot assume you have been cursed.

I don’t think anyone needs to tell you that this is a stupid idea.

We will only think we are cursed but will never know for sure. Humans don’t have that outside knowledge.
I can’t even go to school ever again mate

Why not?

Even if you can't, you could always do your GCSEs and A-Level exam revision at home and give exams that way.
Then, you could go to uni.

I honestly think that you have just given up on yourself.
Original post by I'm God
Why not?

Even if you can't, you could always do your GCSEs and A-Level exam revision at home and give exams that way.
Then, you could go to uni.

I honestly think that you have just given up on yourself.

Because I am not getting better and illness is affecting my grades too. Plus I am 18 so my education is finished, you can’t get an education for free anymore and doing A levels is not an option anymore because I am over the age limit at 19. I’m now looking at low paid manual dead end jobs and not the successful high paid jobs like doctors, lawyers, barristers
Hey you shouldn't blame your sibling without any proof, wouldn't it feel horrible the other way around? Personally i don't think your cursed :smile: everyone fails sometimes the problem is if your not used to failure then it can feel like the end of the world and its hard to come out of it, but honestly your about as cursed as i am, i got horrid grades all last year no matter how hard i revised, but you know what that was because their was something i simply wasn't understanding, managed to fix that and i'm back on track. Once you fail once and are scared that for example your cursed its just like when a bug crawls on you, you start to feel it everywhere even when there is nothing there...sorry weird analogy :biggrin: my point is. You start feeling worse because your brain is convinced your doing worse which makes you feel all the more convinced your cursed. I don't believe you are. But if you are so worried and its peace of mind your after have you tried speaking to someone? I'll admit i'm not an expert but surely there is someone who removed curses. May just be worth the peace of mind although as i say i don't think personally you are cursed :smile:
Because I am not getting better and illness is affecting my grades too. Plus I am 18 so my education is finished, you can’t get an education for free anymore and doing A levels is not an option anymore because I am over the age limit at 19. I’m now looking at low paid manual dead end jobs and not the successful high paid jobs like doctors, lawyers, barristers

I think you can still do A-Levels after the age of 19.

You would just have to pay for the exams at the end of the year so you should still be able to go to uni by the age of 20 or 21 if you do them this year.

You can try to achieve your dreams of being a doctor or lawyer etc. The other option is to just do nothing and go along with life no matter how unhappy it makes you. You just have to keep trying to achieve your goals and maybe one day you will be successful in that :smile:
Who cursed you?

Latest

Trending

Trending