The Student Room Group

Continuing Student + 1st applying for Migrant Worker

Hey there,

My question is really simple but I seem to be having some problems trying to figure out what needs to be done in order to get my Maintenance Loan.

I’ve been studying in England for 2 years now (My Foundation Year and my 1st Year). I’ve been working since I moved to the country, a couple of months before starting Uni. I applied for the Tuition fee and was accepted.

I never tried to apply for the Migrant Worker maintenance loan because I was being able to pay for everything myself. This September I will be starting my 2nd year and thought it would be good to have some help.

I’ve figured out so far I need to apply using either the form PN1 or PR1. But which one is it?

One is for new students and the other one for returning. I am a returning student, so I guess it would be the PR1 one? But it is the first time I will apply for the maintenance (as a migrant worker), so maybe I should use the PN1 instead?

Also, do I need to send all the evidence together with the application?

Ohh, and I already have a confirmation letter for the tuition loan. So if I apply for something again, does it mean it will change my application and delay the Uni payments?

Thank you very much.
Reply 1
Original post by thaisfrosa
Hey there,

My question is really simple but I seem to be having some problems trying to figure out what needs to be done in order to get my Maintenance Loan.

I’ve been studying in England for 2 years now (My Foundation Year and my 1st Year). I’ve been working since I moved to the country, a couple of months before starting Uni. I applied for the Tuition fee and was accepted.

I never tried to apply for the Migrant Worker maintenance loan because I was being able to pay for everything myself. This September I will be starting my 2nd year and thought it would be good to have some help.

I’ve figured out so far I need to apply using either the form PN1 or PR1. But which one is it?

One is for new students and the other one for returning. I am a returning student, so I guess it would be the PR1 one? But it is the first time I will apply for the maintenance (as a migrant worker), so maybe I should use the PN1 instead?

Ohh, and I already have a confirmation letter for the tuition loan. So if I apply for something again, does it mean it will change my application and delay the Uni payments?

Thank you very much.

Upppp
Original post by thaisfrosa
Hey there,

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Your current application will stay in place until your new application is accepted.

We will require you to send the PN1 form along with a copy of your contract of employment, last 3 months payslips and most recent P60 so you can apply for the Maintenance Loan as well as fees.

Thanks, Chanel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending