The Student Room Group

Does he still love me ?

I'm female and I me and this guy have been broken up for just over a year. We remained friends and did friends with benefits for a while. We have had a few arguments and fallen out. But he still flirts and acts sexual towards me, and asks if im seeing somoene quite a lot. But he said he doesn't like me in the that way anymore i just want to know do u think he does and he's not admitting it ? how can I tell if he does ?
No.
It sounds like he does not want you back but also doesn't want you to move on with your life and get a new bf.
You have to ask him
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
No.
It sounds like he does not want you back but also doesn't want you to move on with your life and get a new bf.

so do u think he is confused on what he wants ?
Reply 4
Original post by Cheesybread
You have to ask him

i have tried to do this in the past but maybe it was to soon? but when I did he got a bit angry and then didn't want to talk to me and didn't listen ?
Reply 5
By asking
Original post by Anonymous
i have tried to do this in the past but maybe it was to soon? but when I did he got a bit angry and then didn't want to talk to me and didn't listen ?

What exactly did he say? Or tell him to give a straight yes no answer. If he doesn't give one most likely doesn't love you but doesn't want to hurt your feelings
Reply 7
Original post by SMEGGGY
By asking

how do I ask him though what do I say? cos he got a bit annoyed last time i said and didn't want to listen
Reply 8
Original post by Cheesybread
What exactly did he say? Or tell him to give a straight yes no answer. If he doesn't give one most likely doesn't love you but doesn't want to hurt your feelings

I can't exactly remember what he said but it was something like no u don't love me u don't know what love is

No, I don't think he is confused.
Seems like he doesn't want to get back together with you but does not want you to get into another relationship with another guy.
Original post by londonmyst
No, I don't think he is confused.
Seems like he doesn't want to get back together with you but does not want you to get into another relationship with another guy.

oh that's a bit strange. why is flirting with me then and calling me fit and gorgeous ?
oh that's a bit strange. why is flirting with me then and calling me fit and gorgeous ?

To discourage you from moving on from him and forgetting the relationship that you used to have.
Doesn't want to date you anymore but doesn't want you to date other guys.
how do I ask him though what do I say? cos he got a bit annoyed last time i said and didn't want to listen

Then he's not interested. Move on...
I can't exactly remember what he said but it was something like no u don't love me u don't know what love is

Well then he doesn't love you. Someone who loves you would never say that

He is not confused.

What he wants is to be able to sleep around, then have you around to validate his attractiveness.

That's it.

He's not confused. He knows exactly what he wants, and he's told you it's not you. It sounds like you're the person who's confused and, while I genuinely don't like being blunt to the point of being hurtful, you need to hear this.

Though what it sounds like is that you've already made a decision to pine after him and be available for him regardless of the fact that he doesn't want you. So if that's the case, don't bother posting on here asking for advice. Just claim to believe whatever you want to believe. You know he doesn't really want you; You just want to believe he wants you.
I'm female and I me and this guy have been broken up for just over a year. We remained friends and did friends with benefits for a while. We have had a few arguments and fallen out. But he still flirts and acts sexual towards me, and asks if im seeing somoene quite a lot. But he said he doesn't like me in the that way anymore i just want to know do u think he does and he's not admitting it ? how can I tell if he does ?

He does not want you back. Maybe he's still used on flirting with you and all but why would not he ask for a commitment if he's into getting back with you?

Sounds to me as if he doesn't love you anymore.
However he seems quite happy to use you for sex when he feels the need.
You deserve better, get rid of him for good, move on and find somebody who will treat you in a much better and well deserved way.
Good luck. X

A guy that's into you would always want a commitment.

You don't want to listen. He's said he doesn't want a relationship. What he wants is for you to validate his attractiveness, make yourself sexually available while he continues looking for something better. Essentially, he just wants you to be friends with benefits minus the friends part where he doesn't have to talk with you or worry about how you're feeling.

He's not confused. You are. If you don't want that, you have to accept that you don't want that and stop torturing yourself with whether or not he loves you .Because he doesn't.

He's not willing to tell you the truth because it makes him sound like a bad person and he doesn't want to be a bad person, so he won't openly admit it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending