The Student Room Group

Help with filling out qualifications on UCAS application- Btec Double Award ICT

Im unsure about what to list my Btec level 3 national diploma double award ICT as in my ucas application.
Neither Btec Diploma or Btec extended diploma(QCF) has it as an option however, GCE advanced subsidiary has it as an option. Since it counts as two subjects I dont know which option would be appropriate and Im not sure what the difference is between these options
Reply 1
Have you asked your teachers about it?
Original post by Anon20070
Im unsure about what to list my Btec level 3 national diploma double award ICT as in my ucas application.
Neither Btec Diploma or Btec extended diploma(QCF) has it as an option however, GCE advanced subsidiary has it as an option. Since it counts as two subjects I dont know which option would be appropriate and Im not sure what the difference is between these options

There’s no such thing as a btec national diploma “double award”. Your teacher/college has not told you the exact name of the qualification that you’re studying. https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/information-technology-2016.html < these are the current IT btec national qualifications.

Find out the exact specification for the qualification you’re studying from your college.
Original post by PQ
There’s no such thing as a btec national diploma “double award”. Your teacher/college has not told you the exact name of the qualification that you’re studying. https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-nationals/information-technology-2016.html < these are the current IT btec national qualifications.

Find out the exact specification for the qualification you’re studying from your college.

What do you mean? I checked that link and it lists it as "Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (2017) in Information Technology". It is a thing, but not many people do it. My teacher said under a 100 do it nationwide and I have 4 people in my class.
Original post by Anon20070

It is the " Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (720) (First teaching Sept 2016)" qualification if you are doing what I am . It is not an option but you can just write it in as Information Technology. I haven't been able to speak to anyone also doing double IT, assuming its the same course what units have you done? Mine include Unit 4: Programming, Unit 9: Project Management and unit 12: technical support.
Original post by guiltyintrovert
What do you mean? I checked that link and it lists it as "Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (2017) in Information Technology". It is a thing, but not many people do it. My teacher said under a 100 do it nationwide and I have 4 people in my class.

It’s not that rare. It’s on ucas (second from bottom on the screenshot)82F4CA6A-3CF8-4331-BEED-AD35776E3509.png. It isn’t called a “double award” and it is IT not ICT
Original post by PQ
It’s not that rare. It’s on ucas (second from bottom on the screenshot)82F4CA6A-3CF8-4331-BEED-AD35776E3509.png. It isn’t called a “double award” and it is IT not ICT

Are you high you know what he meant it is literally the same thing.
Are you high you know what he meant it is literally the same thing.

If OP is searching for “double award” and ICT then they will not find the correct qualification. Many students are told they’re taking a national diploma when they’re actually taking the foundation diploma or extended diploma. It’s important to check that the qualification entered onto ucas is the right one - if op is applying through their college then colleges have the option to limit available qualifications in apply to the qualifications that they offer. OP can’t find a qualification that is available on ucas - which implies that they’re either searching for the wrong description (“double award”) or that the qualification they’re taking isn’t what they’ve been told (and so isn’t available to them).

IT and ICT are not the same thing. Just like Double award A levels and a btec national diploma isn’t the same thing.

How are you helping the OP exactly?
It is the " Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (720) (First teaching Sept 2016)" qualification if you are doing what I am . It is not an option but you can just write it in as Information Technology. I haven't been able to speak to anyone also doing double IT, assuming its the same course what units have you done? Mine include Unit 4: Programming, Unit 9: Project Management and unit 12: technical support.

IT is an option 08E6829D-DD29-41B2-9CBC-048BA5074316.png

If it isn’t available on Apply for you then you need to speak to your college.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending