The Student Room Group

❤️Applying process and uni help :)

Hi I’ve applied for uni last week just wondering how it all works really and what’s the steps I know you get firm and insurance but how does that work and I really want to go to york and with BBB predictions idk if I’ll get a offer but am confident I’ll get the entry grades in the end so can I go If say I get the grades in the end but don’t get a offer now also what do you reckon the chances of offer will be I have BBB prediction very strong PS with loads of extra courses,work experience and volunteering but the course wants AAB although which uni say the average grades of people on course is BBB and ive heard of many gettin on with them grades thanks 🙏
Reply 2
Hey! Congrats on applying! I know actually sending in your UCAS application can be waaaaay too daunting. So basically, after you've applied you would usually have to wait somewhere between a day or even until February to get your offers. Once you've received a reply (either an offer or a rejection) from all five universities, you'll have to make choice on UCAS (there are actual directions with pictures later sent in an email) on which will be your firm (first-choice) and which will be your insurance (second choice.) Assuming you received five offers, the other three will then be automatically discarded (as in, UCAS will send a reply to the uni on your behalf saying you reject their offer.)

I don't know how lenient York is in terms of grades, but considering it is a pretty good uni, I'll have to say that unless your personal statement and recommendation is really good (like, exceptional) I wouldn't put it past them to reject you outright if you did not meet their minimum grade requirement for that course. If the course was ABB, then you might have a larger chance of receiving the offer. I know you said that you'll most likely get the actual grades in your final exams, but you have to remember that this is the first stage of weeding out the ones they don't deem fitting. They can't give the benefit of the doubt to everyone because that would be way too tedious to work through on results day.

I hope this helps. In any case, I'm sure it will all work out. Remember, you've got two weeks to change a maximum of two universities for another one if you think you made the wrong choice (given that they have yet to respond to your application.)

Best of luck!
Reply 3
Original post by gpmers
Hey! Congrats on applying! I know actually sending in your UCAS application can be waaaaay too daunting. So basically, after you've applied you would usually have to wait somewhere between a day or even until February to get your offers. Once you've received a reply (either an offer or a rejection) from all five universities, you'll have to make choice on UCAS (there are actual directions with pictures later sent in an email) on which will be your firm (first-choice) and which will be your insurance (second choice.) Assuming you received five offers, the other three will then be automatically discarded (as in, UCAS will send a reply to the uni on your behalf saying you reject their offer.)

I don't know how lenient York is in terms of grades, but considering it is a pretty good uni, I'll have to say that unless your personal statement and recommendation is really good (like, exceptional) I wouldn't put it past them to reject you outright if you did not meet their minimum grade requirement for that course. If the course was ABB, then you might have a larger chance of receiving the offer. I know you said that you'll most likely get the actual grades in your final exams, but you have to remember that this is the first stage of weeding out the ones they don't deem fitting. They can't give the benefit of the doubt to everyone because that would be way too tedious to work through on results day.

I hope this helps. In any case, I'm sure it will all work out. Remember, you've got two weeks to change a maximum of two universities for another one if you think you made the wrong choice (given that they have yet to respond to your application.)

Best of luck!

Thank you so much for the reply I have looked at the ucas calculator and it says I have a 90%> chance of getting a offer and have looked on the which uni website and says the average grades that people have on the course is BBB should I read into this in terms of getting a offer ? Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending