The Student Room Group

Work Experience Year 10

Hi, I'm in year 10 and for work experience do you have to work in groups with other people or did you work by your self?

Did you do work experience with your friends?
well my school encouraged us to do work experience in jobs that you're interested in and none of my friends were interested in what I wanted to do (architecture stuff) so I did mine by myself and boi was it boringgg. but at the same time quite a few people in my year did work experience at boots and they were all together in a group so its up to you really.
for my work experience I went to this engineering/architecture company and basically sat at a computer for 5 days using design software to connect pipes and ventilation and stuff (yes i know it sounds absolutely riVeTinG i just love pipes sO mUCH) i'm kinda awkward and shy so I didn't talk to anyone that much so I was basically working by myself the whole time
Reply 2
Original post by army of 1
well my school encouraged us to do work experience in jobs that you're interested in and none of my friends were interested in what I wanted to do (architecture stuff) so I did mine by myself and boi was it boringgg. but at the same time quite a few people in my year did work experience at boots and they were all together in a group so its up to you really.
for my work experience I went to this engineering/architecture company and basically sat at a computer for 5 days using design software to connect pipes and ventilation and stuff (yes i know it sounds absolutely riVeTinG i just love pipes sO mUCH) i'm kinda awkward and shy so I didn't talk to anyone that much so I was basically working by myself the whole time

oh ok , thanks for the info. I'm a bit shy as well but i don't really want to be stuck for a week on my own so thats why i was aksing lol.
hi! :smile:
i’ve got work experience this year! i’m going to my primary school alongside 3 other people i dislike. so yeah, that’ll be interesting. i picked my placement because i’m interested in becoming a teacher. not because of what my friends chose. but ultimately it’s up to you. i’d go with what interests you though because then the experience is all the more valuable to you :smile:
Original post by Bts18
oh ok , thanks for the info. I'm a bit shy as well but i don't really want to be stuck for a week on my own so thats why i was aksing lol.

that makes sense but I mean it might help with confidence and stuff?
think of it this way either you do work experience with friends but you don't do something you're interested in
or you do work experience by yourself in a job that you're interested in and you can put that on your CV
if you do work experience but you're not interested in it you can always do more work experience during the year 11 summer holidays (i never did that and I regret it but a lot of people i know did it)
Reply 5
I did my work experience in a local playgroup. I encouraged one of my friends to also do her work experience at the same company (she was interested in working with children but didn't know where to go) and they said they would accept her but she had to work in a different location to me (the company have 3 different locations in my area).

They said it was because they could only have 1 placement at a time. So depending on the companies policies and rule you may be alone or you may be allowed with other people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending