The Student Room Group

sex

i had sex with my boyfriend, i ma on the mini pill but have taken it late 2 times by 5 mins past the hour, is that bad? today the condom broke and we didn’t notice until he had finished. what if i’m pregnant i’m only 15?
Being late by 5 minutes won't make any difference to the effectiveness of the pill. It only become a problem when you're half a day late or miss them completely.
I you get pregnant there are options for you, but if you've taken the pill regularly and haven't missed any within the past month, it's unlikely that you'll be pregnant.
Whatever you do, don't stress about it, because stressing is likely to mess up your cycle.
Original post by eviewx
i had sex with my boyfriend, i ma on the mini pill but have taken it late 2 times by 5 mins past the hour, is that bad? today the condom broke and we didn’t notice until he had finished. what if i’m pregnant i’m only 15?

Yep your done! Is it a boy or girl? lol - But no for real, do you feel like you were ovulating?
Reply 3
Original post by Appirition
Being late by 5 minutes won't make any difference to the effectiveness of the pill. It only become a problem when you're half a day late or miss them completely.
I you get pregnant there are options for you, but if you've taken the pill regularly and haven't missed any within the past month, it's unlikely that you'll be pregnant.
Whatever you do, don't stress about it, because stressing is likely to mess up your cycle.

i’ve only been on the pill for 2 weeks, my friends told me it will take roughly a month to take full effect, but the doctor i got it off said it would start working as soon as i took it. i’m hoping it’s worked and i’m not pregnant because my mum doesn’t know i’m on the pill for a start, and she will literally disown me. i wldnt know how t tell her or any of my family. i was out drinking with friends last night which was definitely a mistake if i had planned the baby but i only had a quarter bottle of vodka which i know wldnt of done anything because the baby hasn’t even developed. i’m just so worried and don’t know what to do
Reply 4
Original post by Scottyboy2
Yep your done! Is it a boy or girl? lol - But no for real, do you feel like you were ovulating?

i had stomach pains on friday but i think it’s because i took my pill late on the thursday and then i took it at the correct time on the friday so my body was just a bit confused, on the app eve it says my period isn’t due until the 21st but i’m going to get the morning after pill tomorrow after school and hope it works
Original post by eviewx
i’ve only been on the pill for 2 weeks, my friends told me it will take roughly a month to take full effect, but the doctor i got it off said it would start working as soon as i took it. i’m hoping it’s worked and i’m not pregnant because my mum doesn’t know i’m on the pill for a start, and she will literally disown me. i wldnt know how t tell her or any of my family. i was out drinking with friends last night which was definitely a mistake if i had planned the baby but i only had a quarter bottle of vodka which i know wldnt of done anything because the baby hasn’t even developed. i’m just so worried and don’t know what to do

I mean if your family would disown you maybe you should think about that before heavily drinking and having sex at 15??
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I mean if your family would disown you maybe you should think about that before heavily drinking and having sex at 15??

they know i drink, the only reason they wld is if i became pregnant, my mum knows i’m gonna b having sex because i have a boyfriend but it wld b her worst fear if i was to become pregnant. but don’t b getting cheeky and judging me for this lol
Original post by eviewx

Taking the pill 5 minutes late is fine. Depending on the type of mini pill, you have either 3 or 12 hours to take it before it becomes less effective.
Original post by Anonymous

Jus asking, are you Asian/Muslim? How old is your boyfriend? (jus asking, because he might not be too educated on what to do)
Reply 9
Original post by PinduPakistani
Jus asking, are you Asian/Muslim? How old is your boyfriend? (jus asking, because he might not be too educated on what to do)

no i’m not asian or muslim or come from any strict religion. we are both well educated in the whole sex drink and drugs stuff and we know what we were doing but just this time we were unlucky because the condom broke. i got emergency contraception today even tho it’s been roughly 48 hours and the packet says 72 hopefully it will work
Reply 10
Original post by DrawTheLine
Taking the pill 5 minutes late is fine. Depending on the type of mini pill, you have either 3 or 12 hours to take it before it becomes less effective.

okay, i got emergency contraception today from the pharmacy and on the back it says to take within 72 hours after sex which i did. hopefully it has worked
Original post by eviewx
i’ve only been on the pill for 2 weeks, my friends told me it will take roughly a month to take full effect

Your friends are wrong. If you take your first pill on the first day of your period then you're immediately protected, or if you take it at another time in your cycle then it'll take 7 days to be effective. This can vary depending on your pill, though. The leaflet that comes with it will confirm which one it is.

Original post by eviewx
but the doctor i got it off said it would start working as soon as i took it.

You should trust the advice from your doctor over your friends. If they said it'll work immediately then it should.

Original post by eviewx
i was out drinking with friends last night

You're too young to be drinking - please stop this for your own safety. You're also too young to be having sex, but at least you're being sensible about it and using protection. Your brain is still developing so by giving yourself alcohol (which is a drug) you could be harming yourself. 15 year olds don't need to go out drinking, so please reconsider doing this.

Original post by eviewx
i had stomach pains on friday but i think it’s because i took my pill late on the thursday and then i took it at the correct time on the friday so my body was just a bit confused

Yes, the stomach pains would not have been caused by a pregnancy. Taking the pill 5 minutes late would not have caused any side effects at all. I recommend reading the leaflet that comes with your pill in detail so you're aware of things like this in the future.
Reply 12
Your friends are wrong. If you take your first pill on the first day of your period then you're immediately protected, or if you take it at another time in your cycle then it'll take 7 days to be effective. This can vary depending on your pill, though. The leaflet that comes with it will confirm which one it is.

You should trust the advice from your doctor over your friends. If they said it'll work immediately then it should.

You're too young to be drinking - please stop this for your own safety. You're also too young to be having sex, but at least you're being sensible about it and using protection. Your brain is still developing so by giving yourself alcohol (which is a drug) you could be harming yourself. 15 year olds don't need to go out drinking, so please reconsider doing this.

Yes, the stomach pains would not have been caused by a pregnancy. Taking the pill 5 minutes late would not have caused any side effects at all. I recommend reading the leaflet that comes with your pill in detail so you're aware of things like this in the future.

i had sex on the saturday but on the day before (the friday) i had stomach pains now i’m thinking incase i was ovulating. i got the morning after pill on monday but i don’t know how to tell if it has worked or not. my mum knows i drink because every teenager this age does the same, plus i hardly ever drink, usually once a month sometimes every 2 months. but i’m just really freaking out and don’t know what to do
Original post by eviewx

if its been lest then 2 days (migt be 1 day) take the emergancy pill it stps you from developing a baby but ALWAYS talk to a doctor first.
Original post by eviewx
i had sex on the saturday but on the day before (the friday) i had stomach pains now i’m thinking incase i was ovulating. i got the morning after pill on monday but i don’t know how to tell if it has worked or not. my mum knows i drink because every teenager this age does the same, plus i hardly ever drink, usually once a month sometimes every 2 months. but i’m just really freaking out and don’t know what to do

You'll be able to tell it has worked in a few weeks as you'll either be pregnant or not. Nothing else you can do.

If you're this scared about getting pregnant, then it's best to not have sex at all.
Original post by eviewx

most pills start working after a week or less, you'll be fine. If you're really worried you can confidentially tell your doctor, but wait a few weeks and MAAYBE take a pregnancy test if you're really worried, if you don't mind wasting the money.
Wow. People drink a bottle of vodka aged 15? Man, i really am learning lots from this site...
Reply 17
You'll be able to tell it has worked in a few weeks as you'll either be pregnant or not. Nothing else you can do.

If you're this scared about getting pregnant, then it's best to not have sex at all.

that’s like telling someone who is married not to have sex if they don’t want to get pregnant, like u can’t do that. it’s common sense that i don’t want to get pregnant at this age or any age until i know i am financially stable and in a stable relationship.
Reply 18
Original post by Secretariat123
Wow. People drink a bottle of vodka aged 15? Man, i really am learning lots from this site...

least i’m not taking hard drugs. i’m not the only one lol
Original post by eviewx
that’s like telling someone who is married not to have sex if they don’t want to get pregnant, like u can’t do that. it’s common sense that i don’t want to get pregnant at this age or any age until i know i am financially stable and in a stable relationship.

That's not what I was saying. I said if you're this scared of getting pregnant, then don't have sex. Normally when people are using the correct precautions they are not as terrified as you are of the possibility of being pregnant. You've said you're freaking out etc., so I'm advising you to reconsider your decision to have sex. You're 15 - you don't need to be having sex. It would save you a lot of worry and stress if you waited a few more years. I give this same advice to everybody who posts about being scared of being pregnant etc. Whether you're 15, 25, 35 or 45, married, unmarried, in a long-term relationship or just casually seeing someone - if you're so scared of getting pregnant, then the best thing to do is stop having sex.

Quick Reply

Latest