The Student Room Group

My mother bullies me. Is that normal?

My mother regularly beats me and makes fun of me and it sometimes makes me cry. Is this normal?
Original post by GeorgeBell_69
My mother regularly beats me and makes fun of me and it sometimes makes me cry. Is this normal?

What is your age? and where are you from?
Original post by Anonymous
What is your age? and where are you from?

I am 16 and from worcestershire
Seriously no. This is not at all usual or acceptable. Find yourself some safety and support.
of course not. Parents should not beat their children nor should they make fun of them. I have no memory of ever making my daughter cry once she passed toddlerhood.
No, it’s not normal and it’s far from right. I implore you to reach out to various services like child line to talk through this situation with calm empathetic professionals who would be more than willing and capable of guiding you in the right direction in terms of the steps you should take around this situation.
Reply 6

I relate to feeling my mum puts me down deliberately or without her knowing. Either way, it's not your fault. You don't deserve to be treated like that at all. You have rights and you aren't someone's slave just because they gave birth to you. You deserve to be put up by those around you not down :smile:. As others have mentioned you can call or contact many charities or even the social services if you need to and that can be a huge wake up sign for your mum to be aware of how she behaves to you. I would recommend moving out when you can if this is a regular and when you are of age. I hope this helped.
No its definitely not normal nor right.
Have you tried chatting with your dad about it.
You could speak to childline and get some advice, and if you are worried you can do it anon. Good luck, please don't put up with it for much longer. X
Original post by Karisa96
No its definitely not normal nor right.
Have you tried chatting with your dad about it.
You could speak to childline and get some advice, and if you are worried you can do it anon. Good luck, please don't put up with it for much longer. X

I cant talk to my dad because he went to prison for GBH
I cant talk to my dad because he went to prison for GBH

Aww sorry mate, that's hard.
Without sounding patronising, do you have a social worker? And are they aware of the current situation?
Please don't take this to mean what your mum is doing is okay but is there anyway of avoiding getting in to a situation where she might hit you?
Try talking through stuff with someone else on the outside it might help you decide what to do next.
Maybe childline, however, if you do ring childline they will likely call the police straight away, not giving you the control and time you need. Prehapes ringing Samaritans might be a better choice, as they are truly confidential.
If you are in great danger call 999.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending