The Student Room Group

I got told I’m ugly all the time on my tiktok videos...

I used to have a tiktok account and I every video I would post at least 1 person would say I’m ugly or not pretty. The problem was that when I would go on any other tiktok video of another’s girl, I would hardly ever see these comments. And the thing is all these comments were from guys not girls. Why would someone go out of their way to comment that on a tiktok video. Because I have body dismorphia it literally hurt me so much. Maybe because I’m not white idk.

I’ve deleted my tik tok account now because of it. My videos would average about 500 views. But the comments really got to me, it made me realise everyone that calls me pretty irl either are lying or have very low standards.

why do you think people Make these comments and out of all places tiktok?
Reply 1
They're probably jealous of you? There's a lot of reasons as to why people would do that. You should've just ignored it, and continued to do what you do. Getting roughly "500 views" is a lot. The likelihood is that they would've felt satisfied by putting you down. Perhaps, it was due to the the fact that you might've been more 'popular' than them?
Original post by Anonymous
I used to have a tiktok account and I every video I would post at least 1 person would say I’m ugly or not pretty. The problem was that when I would go on any other tiktok video of another’s girl, I would hardly ever see these comments. And the thing is all these comments were from guys not girls. Why would someone go out of their way to comment that on a tiktok video. Because I have body dismorphia it literally hurt me so much. Maybe because I’m not white idk.

I’ve deleted my tik tok account now because of it. My videos would average about 500 views. But the comments really got to me, it made me realise everyone that calls me pretty irl either are lying or have very low standards.

why do you think people Make these comments and out of all places tiktok?

Original post by gtty123
They're probably jealous of you? There's a lot of reasons as to why people would do that. You should've just ignored it, and continued to do what you do. Getting roughly "500 views" is a lot. The likelihood is that they would've felt satisfied by putting you down. Perhaps, it was due to the the fact that you might've been more 'popular' than them?

yeah or you look like a girl they got rejected by.
Reply 3
Unfortunately, there are people in the world who post/ comment negative things for the fun of it. It sounds like you enjoyed making your videos and had lots of people viewing them too. I wouldn’t let the comments bother you, there’s probably other people in the same boat as you too. Do what you love and try not to let them get you down - there may be one negative comment but I’m sure there’s plenty of positive ones too.
aww i'm sorry, how horrible x

i'm glad you deleted your tiktok though, its the best thing to do for your self-esteem. and why do people do it? because people are a-holes, especially online. they do it because they can. social media in general is toxic as hell, that why i only have it to talk about the news or follow celebs that i like, i don't post any pics of myself. never have done. i've seen right from the start what people are like on there, no way am i subjecting myself to that. best decision i made.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending