The Student Room Group

Likelihood of rejection?

Hi,

Does anyone know what kinds of scenarios you can get rejected for an MA loan?

This is my first masters degree, I'm in the UK, etc. etc , I fill in all the criteria.

I'm not "behind" on undergraduate payments however there was a small gap when i was travelling last year for 6 months that I therefore wasn't repaying these as I wasn't earning in the UK. I've never had any Comms from SFE saying i'm "behind" on payments, however -there seemed to be no problem at all when I returned to the UK and they started up repayments again, they didn't seem worried or use "chasing" language etc. I also had a UK address during this time away so officially I was a UK resident the whole time.

Just trying to prepare for worst case scenario!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by crisps100
Hi,

Does anyone know what kinds of scenarios you can get rejected for an MA loan?

This is my first masters degree, I'm in the UK, etc. etc , I fill in all the criteria.

I'm not "behind" on undergraduate payments however there was a small gap when i was travelling last year for 6 months that I therefore wasn't repaying these as I wasn't earning in the UK. I've never had any Comms from SFE saying i'm "behind" on payments, however -there seemed to be no problem at all when I returned to the UK and they started up repayments again, they didn't seem worried or use "chasing" language etc. I also had a UK address during this time away so officially I was a UK resident the whole time.

Just trying to prepare for worst case scenario!

Hi, if you applied online and it said you are behind on repayments -this a common error and you should send in a paper application form.

You will only be rejected if you don't meet the eligibility criteria listed here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/products/postgraduate-education/postgraduate-masters-loan/eligibility/
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, if you applied online and it said you are behind on repayments -this a common error and you should send in a paper application form.

You will only be rejected if you don't meet the eligibility criteria listed here https://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/products/postgraduate-education/postgraduate-masters-loan/eligibility/
Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac! It didn't actually say that, I'm just thinking worst case scenario :smile: thanks for the eligibility criteria link!
Original post by crisps100
Hi Isaac! It didn't actually say that, I'm just thinking worst case scenario :smile: thanks for the eligibility criteria link!

You're welcome. Have a nice night :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending