The Student Room Group

After cheating what would you do?

Hi everyone. After cheating and deciding you wanted to make it work with your partner, what do you do with the number of the person you cheated with? Do you delete it? If not, why not?
Thanks everyone

Scroll to see replies

Tbh it’s all in their hands, you can’t expect to have a say in the future of a relationship (if you have one) if you’ve actively gone out to cheat on her/him
Reply 2
Original post by MalcolmX
:troll: go back to your cave

That’s a stupid response. I genuinely want to know. My boyfriend kept the number of the girl he cheated on me with.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Tbh it’s all in their hands, you can’t expect to have a say in the future of a relationship (if you have one) if you’ve actively gone out to cheat on her/him

I don’t think I’ve posted this correctly, people don’t seem to understand it. I’m asking what would you do with the number if you wanted to make it work with your partner, would you delete it.
It goes without saying, you would delete anything that has anything to do with that person, and completely distance yourself from him.
I would simply not cheat
Reply 6
That’s a stupid response. I genuinely want to know. My boyfriend kept the number of the girl he cheated on me with.

Why would you ever take back the boy that cheated on you? :lolwut:
Hi everyone. After cheating and deciding you wanted to make it work with your partner, what do you do with the number of the person you cheated with? Do you delete it? If not, why not?
Thanks everyone

Delete any evidence, try to make my bf feel special and avoid contact with the other guy.
I would hope to never be in the position. That being said, if you intended to at least try to make the relationship work, you'd get rid of all contact with the person you cheated with...
hey!

i would get him to delete it. i know it’s not nice to make him choose, but if he loved you then he wouldn’t need her number.

i understand it if they’re friends, but there needs to be set boundaries.

I hope you’re okay! ❤️
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
hey!

i would get him to delete it. i know it’s not nice to make him choose, but if he loved you then he wouldn’t need her number.

i understand it if they’re friends, but there needs to be set boundaries.

I hope you’re okay! ❤️

Thanks 💛
If you respect your partner at all, and genuinely regret what you did, you should certainly cut all contact with the person you cheated on him with. How will he ever trust you again if you don't? It'll be hard enough anyway.
Original post by gigaberry
I would hope to never be in the position. That being said, if you intended to at least try to make the relationship work, you'd get rid of all contact with the person you cheated with...

Exactly you’d delete the number
Delete, say nothing further about it to anyone ever.
I wouldn't cheat in the first place.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
If you respect your partner at all, and genuinely regret what you did, you should certainly cut all contact with the person you cheated on him with. How will he ever trust you again if you don't? It'll be hard enough anyway.

And cutting all contact includes deleting right? Sorry I just want to be sure. Also keeping the number to me means it’s not really over
Original post by Fermion.

Well said, babes in total agreement with you there. Xx
Original post by Fermion.

Hypothetically speaking then
And cutting all contact includes deleting right? Sorry I just want to be sure. Also keeping the number to me means it’s not really over

Yes, definitely deleting.
Reply 19
I mean tbh if you cheated on your partner with someone; got caught out/ admitted and then wanted to make a proper go of things why would you want to remain in contact with the person you cheated on your partner with?

If anything, it is bad optics at the very least. (But like... why tho)

Clean break and move on. Otherwise it'll not end well.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending