The Student Room Group

a 19 yr old guy texting me..should i be worried?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katzen
I'm sorry to say but the issue is that sure it might be a normal conversation but why can't he have a normal conversation with people his own age? What's he got to talk about with a 16-year-old girl? Even people my own age have completely different interest with one another- I can't imagine what "relatable" link he sees with a girl who goes to secondary school.

Totally agree with this, I feel like at 16 I would have justified it by saying like oh he's only 3 years older but that's a massive difference as a teenager. When you get a bit older (I'm now 20) you see how creepy it is, like if one of my friends had been going after someone who was 16 when they were 19... it's just such a big gap in maturity
Its legal, do what you like.
Original post by noturhabibti
age is just a number

&prison is just a place
Original post by Anonymous
&prison is just a place

You're allowed to sleep with 16 year olds in the UK (no matter your age)
Reply 44
Original post by Satan's Helper
@ANM775 @Katzen

You two right now

Original post by ANM775
I don't care if you are 113kg

Those stats don't terrify me.

I doubt much of it muscle at 19.
You know where I had to go out earlier? The gym....., 4th time so far this week.

Just know, that I hope you are enjoying the sanctuary of behind your keyboard as if you were as a mouthy as you were to me IRL you would probably live to regret it..

alright ladies calm down
Original post by confuseduser
You're allowed to sleep with 16 year olds in the UK (no matter your age)

No you're not. A 16 year old is not allowed to sleep with a 19 year old . They're a minor.
Original post by Katzen

You two are just teasing each other, aren't you? Neither is willing to cash each other outside howbow dah.

No you're not. A 16 year old is not allowed to sleep with a 19 year old . They're a minor.

In the UK you are allowed to have sex with a 16 year old if you're over 18 (unless the 18 year old is in a position of power i.e. boss, teacher, doctor, psychologist), the law has been that way for years now. Don't comment on something you know nothing about!
(edited 3 years ago)
What about a 16 yr old and a 24 yr old? We both want one thing...sex so does that make it ok? I don't know if I'll look back when I'm older and regret it
this guy on insta is messaging me. i told him I'm 16 and he's still messaging me. is this ok? he seems like a nice person

older guys that message / try to get with much younger girls genuinely just think girls your age are more naive in a sense that you will think he's cool and 'mature' just because of his age. it's an ego boost for him.
the fact that he is trying to talk to you, even just with a 'normal' chat, shows girls his age probably see him for the loser he is and that's why they avoid him.
there is hardly anything you'll have in common - you have less life experience (you're still in school for gods sake) and his interests most likely differ from yours if he actually behaves like his age.
not being rude but in his head he's genuinely just seeing it as an easy bang cos young girls are just easier / more desperate for male attention.
keep talking to him if you want, its just good to be aware.
i'm talking from experience btw I used to be in your position and let it go too far; in my head I justified it by saying 'oh its not even a huge difference' but now I'm older I see 100% what's wrong with it and if one of my 19/20 yr old mates was going after a girl your age I'd be like wtf is he doing! HUGE maturity difference
(edited 3 years ago)
this guy on insta is messaging me. i told him I'm 16 and he's still messaging me. is this ok? he seems like a nice person

Depends what the messages are about. If he’s giving you maths help then that’s ok, but if it’s stuff like how you look and wanting to meet up, then that’s grooming and you should block and report him.
Reply 52
Original post by lil_hellgirl
older guys that message / try to get with much younger girls genuinely just think girls your age are more naive in a sense that you will think he's cool just because of his age. it's an ego boost for him.
the fact that he is trying to talk to you, even just with a 'normal' chat, shows girls his age probably see him for the loser he is and that's why they avoid him.
there is hardly anything you'll have in common - you have less life experience (you're still in school for gods sake) and his interests most likely differ from yours if he actually behaves like his age.
not being rude but in his head he's genuinely just seeing it as an easy bang cos young girls are just easier / more desperate for male attention.
keep talking to him if you want, its just good to be aware. I'm talking from experience btw I used to be in your position and let it go too far

So one 19 year old wanted sex from you when you were 16 and this means all of them are bad?

Let me tell you something. You're going to encounter a lot of guys throughout your life who want "just one thing" and a lot of them are going to be your age also...
(edited 3 years ago)
ahh ok
i think one of his friends started following me too now...
i just ignored his last text, do u think i need to block him?

Yikes...personally that sounds a bit fast. I’d block but it’s up to you :smile: How do you know him? Only on social media?
Original post by ANM775
So one 19 year old wanted sex from you when you were 16 and this means all of them are bad?

Let me tell you something. You're going to encounter a lot of guys throughout your life who want "just one thing" and a lot of them are going to be your age also...

actually, a lot more than one but I ignored them. many of my friends at the time also had older, older guys going after them.
& yes, while that is true, why can't the guy 'just want one thing' from a girl that isn't still in f*cking school uniform? lmao. creepy. seems like you're trying to justify predatory behaviour
What about a 16 yr old and a 24 yr old? We both want one thing...sex so does that make it ok? I don't know if I'll look back when I'm older and regret it

oh baby no
ahh ok
i think one of his friends started following me too now...
i just ignored his last text, do u think i need to block him?

Don’t even open his text. Delete it straight away. No need to block
Reply 57
actually, a lot more than one but I ignored them. many of my friends at the time also had older, older guys going after them.
& yes, while that is true, why can't the guy 'just want one thing' from a girl that isn't still in f*cking school uniform? lmao. creepy. seems like you're trying to justify predatory behaviour

Did the OP say she was in school?

By time I was 16 I had finished sitting my GCSE.... (my birthday is in july), less than 2 months later I was in college. 10 out of 12 months that I was 16 I was in college.

I'm not trying to justify "predatory behavior"
where did I say it was ok for a 19 year old to use a 16 year old for sex?

Your logic of one 19 year old using you for sex, so now you don't like them all is a poor one. Thats like someone saying they don't like black people because once or twice a black person was mean to them ...so this means all of them are bad.

You don't even know the guys intentions. OP said he was chatting to her. He could just be being friendly. He could want to date her and have a relationship. It is very much jumping the gun to say he just wants sex.
Original post by ANM775
Did the OP say she was in school?

By time I was 16 I had finished sitting my GCSE.... (my birthday is in july), less than 2 months later I was in college. 10 out of 12 months that I was 16 I was in college.

I'm not trying to justify "predatory behavior"
where did I say it was ok for a 19 year old to use a 16 year old for sex?

Your logic of one 19 year old using you for sex, so now you don't like them all is a poor one. Thats like someone saying they don't like black people because once or twice a black person was mean to them ...so this means all of them are bad.

You don't even know the guys intentions. OP said he was chatting to her. He could just be being friendly. He could want to date her and have a relationship. It is very much jumping the gun to say he just wants sex.

college/sixth form is full time formal education, it is school.
first of all, if he doesn't want sex then what does he want? an almost 20 year old man has no business just wanting to be 'friends'/have friendly normal chats with a 16 year old.
no longer entertaining this bullsh*t, my opinion is that he's clearly weird and young girls should be careful bc I worry.
Reply 59
college/sixth form is full time formal education, it is school.
first of all, if he doesn't want sex then what does he want? an almost 20 year old man has no business just wanting to be 'friends'/have friendly normal chats with a 16 year old.
no longer entertaining this bullsh*t, my opinion is that he's clearly weird and young girls should be careful bc I worry.

when I was 16, you had to apply to go to college or sixth form, it was entirely your choice....,
calling college school is debatable imo. some people still call university school and that's like age 22

he could be just be being friendly, or want a relationship is my point ...and not be after just sex.
The reason why you're not "entertaining" this chat anymore is because you can see my points are valid, I've identified clear flaws in your thinking/logic to which you have no defence, and frankly you're just getting shown up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending