The Student Room Group

Student finance awaiting confirmation + changing bank details

When orginally applying for student finance I used my normal bank account to recieve my loan. I opened up a student current account and my debit card for it has just arrived. On 'my finances' in my student finance account, it still says that im waiting confirmation from my uni to confirm i've enrolled for my course. I was just wondering if I can change my bank detials to my student bank account whilst stil awaiting confirmation ?
Reply 1
I think that should be fine as long as you haven’t started uni yet. I changed my details before I received confirmation and nothing happened. I got a confirmation email as soon as I changed my details and everything was fine.
Reply 2
Original post by joycelai
I think that should be fine as long as you haven’t started uni yet. I changed my details before I received confirmation and nothing happened. I got a confirmation email as soon as I changed my details and everything was fine.

even when the status says "payment scheduled" in green on the front page when u log in (with awaiting confimation on your finances page) ?
Reply 3
Original post by edp445_not
even when the status says "payment scheduled" in green on the front page when u log in (with awaiting confimation on your finances page) ?

So you’re saying that your maintenance loan is scheduled but your tuition loan is awaiting confirmation? That’s what mine says. But changing bank details should be no problem even if it’s in the middle of the uni year. Changing your uni is a different matter since they would have to change the dates where they have ‘scheduled’ your payments.
Reply 4
So you’re saying that your maintenance loan is scheduled but your tuition loan is awaiting confirmation? That’s what mine says. But changing bank details should be no problem even if it’s in the middle of the uni year. Changing your uni is a different matter since they would have to change the dates where they have ‘scheduled’ your payments.

My payments are scheduled meaning my application has been approved. Both of my loans however are still waiting confirmation from my uni to say that i have enrolled tho, so as soon as my uni confirms my attendance to sfe, my payments will be approved to be sent to me. I'll change my bank details then.
Reply 5
Original post by edp445_not
My payments are scheduled meaning my application has been approved. Both of my loans however are still waiting confirmation from my uni to say that i have enrolled tho, so as soon as my uni confirms my attendance to sfe, my payments will be approved to be sent to me. I'll change my bank details then.

ah right, yep if your uni has yet to confirm then you’ve definitely got enough time. When you change your details, it doesn’t take a lot of time to process so everything should be sorted.
Reply 6
ah right, yep if your uni has yet to confirm then you’ve definitely got enough time. When you change your details, it doesn’t take a lot of time to process so everything should be sorted.

takes up to 5 days apparently, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending