The Student Room Group

Which universities are operating online this year like lectures and stuff!

Just wondering

Scroll to see replies

Uni of Bedfordshire, Uni of Kingston & Uni of Middlesex
Original post by priisiux
Uni of Bedfordshire, Uni of Kingston & Uni of Middlesex

Thanks for replying! Also, Cambridge too
Original post by curiousperson123
Thanks for replying! Also, Cambridge too

Anytime!
Most of them but it does vary from course to course. My course still has face-to-face teaching and (as of this moment) placements.
Original post by Ramipril
Most of them but it does vary from course to course. My course still has face-to-face teaching and (as of this moment) placements.

Placements as in uni placements?
Placements as in uni placements?

Medical placements.
Medical placements.

Ohh thanks I was a bit confused for a sec
Utrecht University until next year 2021. :/
Some universities are going for blended learning approach which i think is fair especially with the current situation.
Original post by Anonymous
Some universities are going for blended learning approach which i think is fair especially with the current situation.

There appears to be a lot of claims of blended teaching, but I get the impression that it is mostly if not entirely online for this term at least.
Just wondering

At the moment, we are starting on October 5th, with online lectures but in person seminars (although this may be moved to online depending on the guidelines)

Sophie - Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by Mkb24764
There appears to be a lot of claims of blended teaching, but I get the impression that it is mostly if not entirely online for this term at least.

Yes. I think it depends how much your year is coursework and how much is exam based. If its mostly coursework, then the uni will be more online than on campus.

Lucky for the universities.
Lucky for the universities.

Not so lucky for the poor sods who've shelled out for uni accommodation.
Not so lucky for the poor sods who've shelled out for uni accommodation.

Lol yeah exactly. Universities got their accommodation money and hooked people in with 'bLeNdEd LeArNiNg' marketing campaign and now will probably end up doing most courses 100% online for a while. Just add in a cheeky strike or two and it's all set to be a great academic year. I know things can change, but let's face it. The 2020/21 academic year will be mostly virtual learning and is pribably a write off. I'm not on the tuition fee refund campaign because the course I'm on means we're key workers and we need to face-to-face exposure to go forward, and so far we're still getting good teaching imo. But other people on other courses are going to be screwed over this year. I also doubt universities will allow people to move out early/not pay rent again like they did last year if it's 100% online and/or there's a second lockdown.
I’m going to Middlesex and for at least the first term everything will be online for me. So live zoom sessions, and pre-recorded content. I’m slightly worried about tbh☹️
Original post by Anonymous
I’m going to Middlesex and for at least the first term everything will be online for me. So live zoom sessions, and pre-recorded content. I’m slightly worried about tbh☹️

And you guys pay for this as well
Original post by girlpersonhuman
Just wondering

Hello,

I’ve been at the University of Bedfordshire for two years now! We had half of our last term in year 1 spent online then for our second year, we did a few weeks face to face then went online for the rest of the year with pre-recorded lectures and live seminars and such.

Since students are granted access to a wide range of resources via our online library and other academic databases, our studies were not affected (at least that’s what I felt haha). The lecturers are fully supportive which makes it easier to access them via their email since they check regularly and will want you to help as much as possible for you to achieve great results ^u^ (Which btw, I did hehe)

This September, it is hoped that we all go face to face but we never know how it will turn out in the future, but anyhow, I am prepared and relaxed for either online or on campus!

If you wish to know more about the University of Bedfordshire, please do not hesitate to contact and I shall answer or direct you to a better resource!

Student Ambassador of UOB
Uni of Manchester is doing blended learning even after the pandemic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending