The Student Room Group

problem with stomach :/

I've been having a stomach ache in the lower part (and feeling kind of bloated so to say?) for a few days and at first I thought this was because of the coming period which was due to come on Thursday, but then I started having nausea as well which I never associated with period. And I didn't even get period on that day, so I thought it was food poisoning/something like that and ate light food, drunk water and tea, no coffee and then on Friday morning I woke up way earlier than I should because of nausea and actually vomitted, then I didn't eat too much tbh and was in bed for whole day and only vomitted a bit later again and then it seemed to be better, but still ate only light food, no fatty things and only tea/water. Yesterday in the morning the same thing happened and I also got diarrhea which is what I often get in the morning on the day of my period so I drunk a lot of warm milk (as I usually do, don't know if that's clever) to purge kind of (because otherwise I feel pain and twirling in the intestine for the whole day and if I drink milk, I purge and it's over and fine for the rest of the day) and so I had more diarrhea and drunk a lot of water not to get dehydrated. The period should then come around noon if I had this diarrhea in the early morning since due to the nausea I woke up at 6 am or so. But the period didn't come and now I'm slighty confused as I thought the vomitting and nausea was kind of an addition to the diarrhea I get always before period and this wasn't apparently due to period coming. Today when I woke up I had nausea again, didn't vomit though, but then when I started preparing brekfast, I felt so nauseous and actually vomitted again. So I didn't eat breakfast in the end and now I'm really exhausted, hungry and feeling nauseous.
Obviously if it doesn't go away, I'm gonna see a doctor but I don't really like it so thought to ask on here first.
Do you think it's just a terribly weird food poisononing or something else?

Scroll to see replies

It probably is a stomach bug or something. Any chance you could be pregnant?
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
It probably is a stomach bug or something. Any chance you could be pregnant?

Probably a stomach bug only, I'm just worried an kind of exhausted of it as I'm feeling really unwell. What can I do to make myself feel better (if anything) if it's a stomach bug?
Yeah, theoretically I could be pregnant, I mean I never had unprotected sex, but there is always a chance. Do you think this could be the case with these symptoms? I always thought it was just morning sickness, like only in morning and no vomitting, let alone diarrhea.
Original post by Anonymous
Probably a stomach bug only, I'm just worried an kind of exhausted of it as I'm feeling really unwell. What can I do to make myself feel better (if anything) if it's a stomach bug?
Yeah, theoretically I could be pregnant, I mean I never had unprotected sex, but there is always a chance. Do you think this could be the case with these symptoms? I always thought it was just morning sickness, like only in morning and no vomitting, let alone diarrhea.

If you feel really unwell and are struggling to keep things down, it might be worth speaking to 111 or your GP.

I would avoid eating and just focus on keeping well hydrated. Avoid juice and milk and just take water and clear fluids. You can also get rehydration sachets from supermarkets and pharmacies (Dyoralyte or similar - they do taste pretty disgusting but they contain electrolytes that replace the salts that your lose though diarrhoea; I guess sports drinks drinks might also work for that purpose).

Morning sickness can cause really severe vomiting and not just in the morning, hence I was asking as you said your period was late. I don't know whether it can cause diarrhoea as well - maybe not.
Reply 4
If you feel really unwell and are struggling to keep things down, it might be worth speaking to 111 or your GP.

I would avoid eating and just focus on keeping well hydrated. Avoid juice and milk and just take water and clear fluids. You can also get rehydration sachets from supermarkets and pharmacies (Dyoralyte or similar - they do taste pretty disgusting but they contain electrolytes that replace the salts that your lose though diarrhoea; I guess sports drinks drinks might also work for that purpose).

Morning sickness can cause really severe vomiting and not just in the morning, hence I was asking as you said your period was late. I don't know whether it can cause diarrhoea as well - maybe not.

Yeah, I will do if it doesn't get better, as maybe it's only just a stomach bug as you're saying and will go away soon.

That's what I'm trying to do today - drinking only water, will keep on then.

Oh, I didn't know that, I hope it's just a stomach bug, not pregnancy, though. I'll try to get a pregnancy test then to check. Now I'm like double worried :eek:

Anyway, thank you for help.
I've been having a stomach ache in the lower part (and feeling kind of bloated so to say?) for a few days and at first I thought this was because of the coming period which was due to come on Thursday, but then I started having nausea as well which I never associated with period. And I didn't even get period on that day, so I thought it was food poisoning/something like that and ate light food, drunk water and tea, no coffee and then on Friday morning I woke up way earlier than I should because of nausea and actually vomitted, then I didn't eat too much tbh and was in bed for whole day and only vomitted a bit later again and then it seemed to be better, but still ate only light food, no fatty things and only tea/water. Yesterday in the morning the same thing happened and I also got diarrhea which is what I often get in the morning on the day of my period so I drunk a lot of warm milk (as I usually do, don't know if that's clever) to purge kind of (because otherwise I feel pain and twirling in the intestine for the whole day and if I drink milk, I purge and it's over and fine for the rest of the day) and so I had more diarrhea and drunk a lot of water not to get dehydrated. The period should then come around noon if I had this diarrhea in the early morning since due to the nausea I woke up at 6 am or so. But the period didn't come and now I'm slighty confused as I thought the vomitting and nausea was kind of an addition to the diarrhea I get always before period and this wasn't apparently due to period coming. Today when I woke up I had nausea again, didn't vomit though, but then when I started preparing brekfast, I felt so nauseous and actually vomitted again. So I didn't eat breakfast in the end and now I'm really exhausted, hungry and feeling nauseous.
Obviously if it doesn't go away, I'm gonna see a doctor but I don't really like it so thought to ask on here first.
Do you think it's just a terribly weird food poisononing or something else?

I have been experiencing the same thing for the last few days, just thought it was food poisoning but :confused:
Maybe I should check with a doctor, I think you should too.
Reply 6
I have been experiencing the same thing for the last few days, just thought it was food poisoning but :confused:
Maybe I should check with a doctor, I think you should too.

Might be a good idea, it seemed to me completely as a food poisoning, but then istead of e.g. vomitting for 2 whole days, I only vomitted like until noon and then nothing in the afternoon, kind weird as for food poisoning and a stomach bug, too. But I really hope that's either of those and not pregnancy, as I'm not at all prepared for a pregnancy :/
Might be a good idea, it seemed to me completely as a food poisoning, but then istead of e.g. vomitting for 2 whole days, I only vomitted like until noon and then nothing in the afternoon, kind weird as for food poisoning and a stomach bug, too. But I really hope that's either of those and not pregnancy, as I'm not at all prepared for a pregnancy :/

Hopefully it won't be either. Get well soon x
Reply 8
Hopefully it won't be either. Get well soon x

You too!
If you want to, let me know what it turnt out to be x
You too!
If you want to, let me know what it turnt out to be x

Thankss:smile:
I might do that, I'm sure it will be ok.
A small update: so I was really hungry and ate a bit earlier and it was all fine, so I thought what a relief! But the stomach was still hurting, although I feel like kind of less or maybe I got used to it. Then my friend came with a pregnancy test which I decided to do just to be sure and she had some take away with her (for her which she just bought on her way to my flat) and I felt nauseous again when smelt the food I think and actually vomitted all I ate before :/
So she said it's highly probable I'm actually pregnant because of the sensitivity to smells kind of so now I'm really worried. Does it make sense to do the test now or should I wait till th morning? As I've heard the results are more accurate if it's done in the morning.
A small update: so I was really hungry and ate a bit earlier and it was all fine, so I thought what a relief! But the stomach was still hurting, although I feel like kind of less or maybe I got used to it. Then my friend came with a pregnancy test which I decided to do just to be sure and she had some take away with her (for her which she just bought on her way to my flat) and I felt nauseous again when smelt the food I think and actually vomitted all I ate before :/
So she said it's highly probable I'm actually pregnant because of the sensitivity to smells kind of so now I'm really worried. Does it make sense to do the test now or should I wait till th morning? As I've heard the results are more accurate if it's done in the morning.

You can do it any time.
You can do it any time.

oh, okay, then I'm gonna do it now I guess, thank you
Praying for the best for youu x
Praying for the best for youu x

omg thank you!!
oh girl hope it turns out fine for you, let us know about the result (if you want to ofc)!!
oh girl hope it turns out fine for you, let us know about the result (if you want to ofc)!!

thank you!
well, didn't turn out as I wanted, I did the test and it was positive, so that means I'm pregnant which wasn't the outcome I was hoping for :///
honestly, I wasn't expecting this to the very last moment, I was hoping it was only this stomach bug or something
well, didn't turn out as I wanted, I did the test and it was positive, so that means I'm pregnant which wasn't the outcome I was hoping for :///

I would suggest getting in touch with your GP tomorrow to discuss your options. Sorry it wasn't the outcome you were expecting,
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest