The Student Room Group

Don't feel safe living here

My mum was selling something to someone, I think she took their payment on and she didn't give the item. I was in the kitchen eating lunch on Sunday, I was just doing the usual then I hear a car horning so I go the front of the house & this guy is mad screaming swearing being really aggressive and I thought it was maybe someone on our road left their car in the way. I believed it was just something like that until I find out that it was because of my mum not giving that item.

I don't feel safe anymore here going outside the house and I have been anxious about it. That guy could have been anyone and what my mum has done is put our famliy in danger. My cousin was going to go out there to sort the guy out, he's a grown adult and so are we but that means nothing because we were put in danger. It looks like my mum has just given the house address to someone random from the Internet which is pathetic and very naive. My family haven't spoken to her since this incident happened
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My mum was selling something to someone, I think she took their payment on and she didn't give the item. I was in the kitchen eating lunch on Sunday, I was just doing the usual then I hear a car horning so I go the front of the house & this guy is mad screaming swearing being really aggressive and I thought it was maybe someone on our road left their car in the way. I believed it was just something like that until I find out that it was because of my mum not giving that item.

I don't feel safe anymore here going outside the house and I have been anxious about it. That guy could have been anyone and what my mum has done is put our famliy in danger. My cousin was going to go out there to sort the guy out, he's a grown adult and so are we but that means nothing because we were put in danger. It looks like my mum has just given the house address to someone random from the Internet which is pathetic and very naive. My family haven't spoken to her since this incident happened

Has the guy been given his item? I would guess he'd leave you alone after receiving what he paid for.
But I agree that your mum shouldn't have put your address online. Hopefully, she hasn't shared it anywhere public and this is a one-off incident.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending