The Student Room Group

Abusive halls flatmate

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I've been living in halls since September 20, my housemate came down with covid-19 and when I suggested we should wear masks and wipe down surfaces to keep the house clean and safe as there are 9 of us.

I was met my verbal abuse by my housemate who is much younger than me. kicking my door slamming hers calling me every name under the sun and threatening me. they have violated so many rules and refused to self isolate all and kept running into each other's rooms and refused to get tested.

I'm really finding trouble where I stand and what my options are to move out and is it possible to, I'm in residential halls, I feel like I have 4 people ganging up against me who are close friends.
Original post by Anonymous
Just wondering if anyone can help me, I've been living in halls since September 20, my housemate came down with covid-19 and when I suggested we should wear masks and wipe down surfaces to keep the house clean and safe as there are 9 of us.

I was met my verbal abuse by my housemate who is much younger than me. kicking my door slamming hers calling me every name under the sun and threatening me. they have violated so many rules and refused to self isolate all and kept running into each other's rooms and refused to get tested.

I'm really finding trouble where I stand and what my options are to move out and is it possible to, I'm in residential halls, I feel like I have 4 people ganging up against me who are close friends.

Report this to residential services immediately. I would also consider speaking to security or whatever team is dealing with COVID compliance. It’s not your job to put up with your flatmates idiotic behaviour. I would enquire about being moved and would advise them that because of the circumstances you don’t feel safe.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Report this to residential services immediately. I would also consider speaking to security or whatever team is dealing with COVID compliance. It’s not your job to put up with your flatmates idiotic behaviour. I would enquire about being moved and would advise them that because of the circumstances you don’t feel safe.

Thank you for replying back, what would my options be to be moved? i cannot get out of my tennancy can i?
Thank you for replying back, what would my options be to be moved? i cannot get out of my tennancy can i?

Maybe they could move you into another room in your halls building?
tell them to stop

I took ‘residential halls’ to mean university managed accommodation. Are you in private halls or something run by your Uni?

If it’s private then your options are limited, although your flatmates should be facing disciplinary action and/or expulsion for risking the health of students and staff.

If it’s Uni managed, you should be moved elsewhere, especially as you have been threatened. They can’t reasonably expect you to stay there.
They are a ****ing disgrace
Go to your university residential services - they really can help you out.

I lived with an abusive house mate and I didn't know about this option (which a friend used and the uni banned her flatmate from living in the premises as a student at the uni) until I myself moved out and back home to get away from them.

If there's a covid-risk issue I'd flat out call the police and not tolerate it. If that's happening to you and your housemates all of you could account to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending