The Student Room Group

Was my friend correct?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
She liked me alot in the past, reached out and invited me over to hers, we kissed at hers, days after she seemed really into me, even offered me over again but I couldn't go as I had a cupboard to fix, as days went by she then ignored me for a day, then messaged me saying sorry and that she suffers depression where she zones out and doesn't like leaving house much, then days later she ghosted me, I told her my family member died and she responded saying sorry to hear, then I said I understand if she wanted past in the past and wanted to move on from me, then she said 'dont be offended, I've moved on from talking to anyone in that respect'.
So that's what happened and I haven't contacted her since and her neither me

Honestly it might be the fact that she wants time on her just like you said she was suffering from depression, and at an emotional state like that, she wants to recover and couldn’t feel the needs of others, in this case you, however I would say try to stay as FRIENDS only!! >3
Original post by DepressedLife
Honestly it might be the fact that she wants time on her just like you said she was suffering from depression, and at an emotional state like that, she wants to recover and couldn’t feel the needs of others, in this case you, however I would say try to stay as FRIENDS only!! >3

Hopefully that's true, and she didn't just lie
Hopefully that's true, and she didn't just lie

Best of luck kinggg :3
So I could still have a chance if I leave her be?

No.
She’s made her position clear.
Original post by brokestudent3
like just try not to read into it and accept it for what it is. i know it sucks but that’s just life. she might come back to you but a) she needs time to heal and b) i wouldn’t hold on to hope that she will come back bc it isn’t healthy, and so try not to dwell on it. it sounds like she was very into you, so i think she’s telling the truth

So you think if I leave it there might be a chance?, So what made you think she liked me?
So you think if I leave it there might be a chance?, So what made you think she liked me?

yeah just give her the space she needs but don’t dwell on it or get your hopes up yk?
the fact that she liked you prior, reached out, invited u over, and wanted to see you again
yeah just give her the space she needs but don’t dwell on it or get your hopes up yk?
the fact that she liked you prior, reached out, invited u over, and wanted to see you again

Just worried she didn't see me as the same man that I was
Just worried she didn't see me as the same man that I was

i know it sucks that you can’t find that out right now but maybe one day you will
Reply 28
You've posted this thread before... why are you making new versions of it?
i know it sucks that you can’t find that out right now but maybe one day you will

But do you think that could be the reason?

Yup, for sure.
She got back in contact because she remembered you the way you were and once you met up she didn’t feel the same way.

But there could be many different reasons:not all of them involving you.
Original post by GabiAbi84
Yup, for sure.
She got back in contact because she remembered you the way you were and once you met up she didn’t feel the same way.

But there could be many different reasons:not all of them involving you.

I don't why Ive changed so much from what I was before

probably not if she’s gone off dating and relationships entirely
I don't why Ive changed so much from what I was before

But she might have changed.
She might have remembered you differently.
Or maybe you haven’t changed and that’s a bad thing for her. 🤷🏼*♀️

Yeah maybe, I must be a different person. Shame, I was very popular then, now I don't seem to have that sake spark

Hey I’m kinda new lol, I’ve seen people put 🤷🏼*♀️“ and wanted to ask what it means.
Original post by DepressedLife
Hey I’m kinda new lol, I’ve seen people put 🤷🏼*♀️“ and wanted to ask what it means.

It’s because there’s something odd about the forum if you put the female shrugging emoji it changes it to the male emoji plus the female icon
Yeah maybe, I must be a different person. Shame, I was very popular then, now I don't seem to have that sake spark

I gave at least three options -I didn’t say anything “must be” Anything.
I gave at least three options -I didn’t say anything “must be” Anything.

Must be that. Strange she loved me back then, then now it's like she doesn't want to know me.
Must be that. Strange she loved me back then, then now it's like she doesn't want to know me.

Why *must* it be that??
Why are you ignoring every other possibility people say?
But yes, it’s not particularly strange -people change all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending