The Student Room Group

UCAS help

Hello,
I put on my application that I am retaking an A level I was going to apply to retake this year. The place which I was taking this at was waiting for more information regarding the exams before I could apply, so as a result I haven’t applied for it yet, since it is unavailable yet. I have put on my UCAS application that I’m retaking this subject at that institution, but had not yet registered with that institution yet, since I was waiting for the institution to open the doors for me to apply. I have now recieved offers on conditions that I get the grade in my resit at that institution. Now exams are scrapped, I may not get the grade from this institution which I was planning to retake my A level at, and may have to apply to resit elsewhere. What should I do, and how will this affect my UCAS application. Will my offers be changed and will I have to make a new application? I’m so worried.
(edited 3 years ago)
hey:-) well ther was question on ucas application regarding qualifications if you put your qualifications & unfortunately you don't take them with many reasons then you had better inform or e-mail the ucas & they will able to help you.

you can ask them by direct messaging on Twitter.

I hope it works,😀
Reply 2
Original post by Mina Abdulkerim
hey:-) well ther was question on ucas application regarding qualifications if you put your qualifications & unfortunately you don't take them with many reasons then you had better inform or e-mail the ucas & they will able to help you.

you can ask them by direct messaging on Twitter.

I hope it works,😀

So how will this affect my offers exactly if I choose to sit the same qualification elsewhere, or don’t take them at all?
Original post by Aristrocat
So how will this affect my offers exactly if I choose to sit the same qualification elsewhere, or don’t take them at all?

well ask the ucas and they will be able to help you okay

because once you put the qualification on your application the university will able to see it and ask you the grades about it & the reason why its pending or other.

better ask ucas
Reply 4
Could any UCAS advisor or university advisor help me please

ask them by direct messaging on Twitter please they can answer all of your questions.
Reply 6
@PQ
Could I please have help?
Hello,
I put on my application that I am retaking an A level I was going to apply to retake this year. The place which I was taking this at was waiting for more information regarding the exams before I could apply, so as a result I haven’t applied for it yet, since it is unavailable yet. I have put on my UCAS application that I’m retaking this subject at that institution, but had not yet registered with that institution yet, since I was waiting for the institution to open the doors for me to apply. I have now recieved offers on conditions that I get the grade in my resit at that institution. Now exams are scrapped, I may not get the grade from this institution which I was planning to retake my A level at, and may have to apply to resit elsewhere. What should I do, and how will this affect my UCAS application. Will my offers be changed and will I have to make a new application? I’m so worried.

Wait until your exam centre has enough information from ofqual/exam boards to know if they’ll be able to enter you for a grade.

until you know that the exam cancellation affects your resits there’s nothing else to do.

Wait for definite info from the Exam Centre itself, and then hone the University who made you the offer and explain.
Its pointless contacting UCAS - they will just tell you to talk to the Uni.
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
Wait until your exam centre has enough information from ofqual/exam boards to know if they’ll be able to enter you for a grade.

until you know that the exam cancellation affects your resits there’s nothing else to do.

Original post by McGinger
Wait for definite info from the Exam Centre itself, and then hone the University who made you the offer and explain.
Its pointless contacting UCAS - they will just tell you to talk to the Uni.

Sorry for these late replies. I have been really busy. I have just received an unconditional offer, which I'm extremely chuffed about.
If the exam cannot take place for private candidates this year, and I am unable to achieve a grade for the resit which I put on my UCAS application, will this affect my unconditional offer? Also, would I have to contact the university to let them know I took the resit of my UCAS application if my centre doesn't allow me to get a grade?
Thanks a lot for the help.
Sorry for these late replies. I have been really busy. I have just received an unconditional offer, which I'm extremely chuffed about.
If the exam cannot take place for private candidates this year, and I am unable to achieve a grade for the resit which I put on my UCAS application, will this affect my unconditional offer? Also, would I have to contact the university to let them know I took the resit of my UCAS application if my centre doesn't allow me to get a grade?
Thanks a lot for the help.

Potentially yes. Your unconditional is based on the information in your application being correct. If your pending qualifications change then a university can withdraw or amend their offer.

In reality universities will rarely do this - particularly in a situation like yours I doubt that they’ll have any problems honouring your offer if you’re unable to get a resit grade.
Reply 11
Original post by PQ
Potentially yes. Your unconditional is based on the information in your application being correct. If your pending qualifications change then a university can withdraw or amend their offer.

In reality universities will rarely do this - particularly in a situation like yours I doubt that they’ll have any problems honouring your offer if you’re unable to get a resit grade.

Okay, thank you. So, if I am unable to get a grade, should I email all of my universities (including the one for which I have an unconditional offer) that I have taken the qualification off my application, or does UCAS notify them? Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending