The Student Room Group

Have these unis rejected me?

I sent an application to KCL and UCL in November for a biosciences subject and STILL haven’t heard back, despite knowing others for biosciences who sent their applications in after me and have got offers like a month ago.

Does this mean that I’m rejected? I already have my A level grades and they’re higher than the standard offer from both unis, A*AA and they only ask for AAA or AAB depending on the uni.

I’m not sure whether to be concerned or not. I applied to KCL last year and got an offer way before this date.

I’m getting worried.

Scroll to see replies

COVID has delayed a lot of things. No news is good news, because people are being rejected
This is normal - don't worry.

Most Unis do not make the bulk of their offers until after the Jan deadline, and many will not make final offers until April/May.
You have not been rejected - you have as much chance of an offer as anyone else. There are thousands of other people in the same position.
Reply 4
I’m in the exact same position as you :frown: worried that I will get rejected for children nursing at KCL. Everyone else who has applied after me has been invited to an interview/got offers whereas I’m still waiting...
Original post by ChrAgy2003

I’ve gone through UCAS twice, I know this. Thanks anyways.
Original post by McGinger
This is normal - don't worry.

Most Unis do not make the bulk of their offers until after the Jan deadline, and many will not make final offers until April/May.
You have not been rejected - you have as much chance of an offer as anyone else. There are thousands of other people in the same position.

But last time I got all of my offers by now, and that was during Covid and my predicted grades were a fraction lower than what I got. It’s been 4 months, but I know many people got an offer after a month or less
Original post by Studentystudent!
But last time I got all of my offers by now, and that was during Covid and my predicted grades were a fraction lower than what I got. It’s been 4 months, but I know many people got an offer after a month or less

No year is like any other.
You have not been rejected yet.
You still have a good chance of an offer.
No year is like any other.
You have not been rejected yet.
You still have a good chance of an offer.

Ok thanks
I’ve gone through UCAS twice, I know this. Thanks anyways.

If you've gone through it twice you should know well enough that you haven't been rejected if they haven't replied. Your application may be a marginal accept/decline which is why they are taking so long compared to some other people.

No point worrying about it because there's nothing you can do until they reply. Speculating is useless at this point, just be patient and hope for the best.
Nope they havent rejected you. Keep waiting. If you have your grades its worth looking at their portal if you have one. My sister had to send proof of grades to meet the requirements. If they reject you im sure it would come up in track
Original post by Incede
If you've gone through it twice you should know well enough that you haven't been rejected if they haven't replied. Your application may be a marginal accept/decline which is why they are taking so long compared to some other people.

No point worrying about it because there's nothing you can do until they reply. Speculating is useless at this point, just be patient and hope for the best.

Why would it be marginal? I have lots of work experience, all grade 9 GCSEs, and my actual a levels exceed the entry requirements by 1-2 grades. Is there something bad about that?
I sent an application to KCL and UCL in November for a biosciences subject and STILL haven’t heard back, despite knowing others for biosciences who sent their applications in after me and have got offers like a month ago.

Does this mean that I’m rejected? I already have my A level grades and they’re higher than the standard offer from both unis, A*AA and they only ask for AAA or AAB depending on the uni.

I’m not sure whether to be concerned or not. I applied to KCL last year and got an offer way before this date.

I’m getting worried.

do not worry,i also applied ucl and kcl but only kcl gave me an offer ,did u received the email from ucl related to the delay of offers? they said it is normal because there are many applicants this yr so it takes time for them to make a decision. i applid chemistry btw. u do not have to worry about it.
Original post by Hedwigeeeee
do not worry,i also applied ucl and kcl but only kcl gave me an offer ,did u received the email from ucl related to the delay of offers? they said it is normal because there are many applicants this yr so it takes time for them to make a decision. i applid chemistry btw. u do not have to worry about it.

No I didn’t. I’ve not heard anything from them after I made my portal login.
Why would it be marginal? I have lots of work experience, all grade 9 GCSEs, and my actual a levels exceed the entry requirements by 1-2 grades. Is there something bad about that?

So does everyone else.
So does everyone else.

Not everyone, and most people don’t already know that their grades exceed the offer grades they give out so read just post properly next time before you comment please.
Not everyone, and most people don’t already know that their grades exceed the offer grades they give out so read just post properly next time before you comment please.

My point is that many applicants will have as good as, and often better. grades than the applicant.
To assume that they are the 'supreme' applicant and automatically entitled to an offer is exceedingly naïve.

It seems like the number of applications is a lot larger than usual this year. If your grades are good then just be patient, it's likely you will get an offer. It's just harder for admissions teams to process the huge number of applications in these conditions.
My point is that many applicants will have as good as, and often better. grades than the applicant.
To assume that they are the 'supreme' applicant and automatically entitled to an offer is exceedingly naïve.

I’m not. I’m not saying any of that. I’m just saying they haven’t offered or asked for an interview or even asked to see proof that those are my grades.
Original post by Incede
It seems like the number of applications is a lot larger than usual this year. If your grades are good then just be patient, it's likely you will get an offer. It's just harder for admissions teams to process the huge number of applications in these conditions.

Yeah I get that. Honestly the waiting for these unis is really making me not like them very much. Like I have an unconditional offer for another uni that I liked just as much but they’ve been very helpful and communicate with me, and have run several offer holder days etc whilst these unis have done nothing even though their offer holder says have already started. It just makes them feel disorganised. And before you ask the other uni gets a very similar number of applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending