The Student Room Group

Do I apologise ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LovelyMrFox
The screenshots dont matter. Do you think you should apologize? If so, do it. If not, theres no point apologizing if its not sincere.

You’re correct , but I really do want to apologise however i’m on the fence, as i’m not sure whether it even was my fault, as in the past I’ve apologised for stuff I really shouldn’t have.
Original post by Ummhelloso
You’re correct , but I really do want to apologise however i’m on the fence, as i’m not sure whether it even was my fault, as in the past I’ve apologised for stuff I really shouldn’t have.

Even if you don’t have anything to be sorry for, apologise anywhat.

Being apologetic doesn’t make you any weaker more so it makes you a stronger individual.
Omg this is such a hassle, here you go guys I hope this time it works https://imgur.com/gallery/Lq0imTg

Jeez, they're right. You need to apologise and stop being so needy.
I get that it feels like someone is ignoring you when they don't immediately text back, but their life doesn't revolve around you.
I think this person(not OP) is just trying to point out that people might not always reply quickly to your message because they are busy, not because they are ignoring you.
Also, you might come across as needy when you get mad at people that don’t reply your message quickly.

In my opinion, I have had people get mad at me for replying late and it annoys me (even after explaining that I work 5 hours shifts intervals). Not everyone is on their phone all the time and some people might decide to stay off their phone for a while (because they feel sad, family matters etc.)

As you get older, you realise that people have other stuff going on that requires time off their phone like running, work, family and stuff.

I think you should apologise to your friend saying you misunderstood their message. Overall, you two could have responded differently to this situation.
Reply 24
Omg this is such a hassle, here you go guys I hope this time it works https://imgur.com/gallery/Lq0imTg

Yes you should apologize.
People have lives outside their phones, they are not obligated to text you back. Someone kindly bringing that up to you should have been met with a "oh, sorry, wont do it in the future" not a whiny rant ending in "go **** off".
Original post by Vapordave
Jeez, they're right. You need to apologise and stop being so needy.
I get that it feels like someone is ignoring you when they don't immediately text back, but their life doesn't revolve around you.

But what I don’t understand is that he’s mentioned that he’s comfortable around me, and he’s also been needy” towards me, and I’m needy with ppl I’m comfortable around and vice versa, and no one’s ever had that problem before. And he even mentioned it’s not a problem for him and that he’s comfortable around me, so why is it a problem? I do understand why I should apologise but thing is it’s not like he’s a stranger and just ugh why say you’re okay with it when you’re not
Original post by Darksilver
I think this person(not OP) is just trying to point out that people might not always reply quickly to your message because they are busy, not because they are ignoring you.
Also, you might come across as needy when you get mad at people that don’t reply your message quickly.

In my opinion, I have had people get mad at me for replying late and it annoys me (even after explaining that I work 5 hours shifts intervals). Not everyone is on their phone all the time and some people might decide to stay off their phone for a while (because they feel sad, family matters etc.)

As you get older, you realise that people have other stuff going on that requires time off their phone like running, work, family and stuff.

I think you should apologise to your friend saying you misunderstood their message. Overall, you two could have responded differently to this situation.

Yeh I’m apologising, thank you!
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Yes you should apologize.
People have lives outside their phones, they are not obligated to text you back. Someone kindly bringing that up to you should have been met with a "oh, sorry, wont do it in the future" not a whiny rant ending in "go **** off".

Oooops , I really need to think before I text such stuff , thank you tho!
But what I don’t understand is that he’s mentioned that he’s comfortable around me, and he’s also been needy” towards me, and I’m needy with ppl I’m comfortable around and vice versa, and no one’s ever had that problem before. And he even mentioned it’s not a problem for him and that he’s comfortable around me, so why is it a problem? I do understand why I should apologise but thing is it’s not like he’s a stranger and just ugh why say you’re okay with it when you’re not

That's understandable, but all your friend did was state their opinion and you got really aggressive. Are you insecure about it?
Original post by Vapordave
That's understandable, but all your friend did was state their opinion and you got really aggressive. Are you insecure about it?

I should have asked him politely and calmly, youre absolutely right I got really aggressive ahh imma apologise now, thank you!

People change is the simplest response to this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending