The Student Room Group

Stopped attending

Hi, I stopped attending uni in about December with the plan to get back on track before my Jan deadlines. Things didn’t happen that way, and I ended up missing my deadlines all year. It’s now almost the end of the academic year and I just received an email from the Uni asking me if I wanted to officially withdraw. I feel like I should because I didn’t do the work, however, I received my student finance only last week and like most students it went fully on my rent. So now I’m worried that student finance will ask the full amount back and won’t allow me to do a payment plan because I should have withdrawn earlier? I didn’t withdraw because I wanted to finish but life has just taken over. I plan to mark my official withdrawal as the 20th April despite not attending before as I have been studying in any chance I got. Is this allowed as whilst not physically attending I’ve been attempting to resume my studies?

I’ve been trying to contact student finance but phone waits are insane. If I do withdraw can anyone advise how their payment plans would work and is anyone who hasn’t got the money to repay it eligible? I really need to know that a payment plan was an option / how it works before officially withdrawing.
Original post by Plymuni12345
Hi, I stopped attending uni in about December with the plan to get back on track before my Jan deadlines. Things didn’t happen that way, and I ended up missing my deadlines all year. It’s now almost the end of the academic year and I just received an email from the Uni asking me if I wanted to officially withdraw. I feel like I should because I didn’t do the work, however, I received my student finance only last week and like most students it went fully on my rent. So now I’m worried that student finance will ask the full amount back and won’t allow me to do a payment plan because I should have withdrawn earlier? I didn’t withdraw because I wanted to finish but life has just taken over. I plan to mark my official withdrawal as the 20th April despite not attending before as I have been studying in any chance I got. Is this allowed as whilst not physically attending I’ve been attempting to resume my studies?

I’ve been trying to contact student finance but phone waits are insane. If I do withdraw can anyone advise how their payment plans would work and is anyone who hasn’t got the money to repay it eligible? I really need to know that a payment plan was an option / how it works before officially withdrawing.

Unfortunately, its the uni who will give student finance the date, so you really need to iron it out with them (uni). I imagine if you owe the money, there could be some plan, based on stuff i've seen here previously.

If you withdraw, the university is likely to inform Student Finance that you have withdrawn and from what date. Student Finance will then ask you to repay any overpayments you've received for this term. They will be the ones to tell you what kinds of repayment plans are possible.

Hi, I responded here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7004246
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending