And I’m German
Original post by Tasha1122
Hi I’m currently 25
Completing a access course
Previously had one years funding but didn’t complete the course
Live in London about 23 years now
Got indefinite leave to remain
And I’m German

Hi Tasha, you can be funded for your access to higher education course as long as you have not studied an access course previously.

You can find out more about the funding here http://ow.ly/7LGy30oSeKg
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Tasha, you can be funded for your access to higher education course as long as you have not studied an access course previously.

You can find out more about the funding here http://ow.ly/7LGy30oSeKg
Thanks, Isaac

Would I be able to be funded for my social work degree Despite having one year funding
Would I be able to be funded for my social work degree Despite having one year funding

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. All previous study and qualifications you may hold. Do you have previous higher education funding or is your only previous study the Access course?

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. All previous study and qualifications you may hold. Do you have previous higher education funding or is your only previous study the Access course?

Thanks, Isaac

Social work at Canterbury Christ church
German .. right to live in the uk
Currently doing a level 3 access course in social work
Social work at Canterbury Christ church
German .. right to live in the uk
Currently doing a level 3 access course in social work

As you have never studied at higher education level before, you should be eligible as long as you meet the residency criteria https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
As you have never studied at higher education level before, you should be eligible as long as you meet the residency criteria https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
Thanks, Isaac

I have I done on term of a course .. I was wondering because social work is a exemption course I’ll be able to still get my tuition paid
I have I done on term of a course .. I was wondering because social work is a exemption course I’ll be able to still get my tuition paid

Social work is only an exception course if you already hold an honours degree and then you can receive a Maintenance Loan only, not tuition fee loan.

Our guidance states:
Usually a student would not be entitled to further core funding if they already hold a level 6 qualification and wish to study another. However, Social Work is considered an exception course, which means students (from 2009/10 onwards) who already hold an ELQ will be eligible for maintenance loan support (as well as supplementary grants and/or DSA where applicable) if they start a new course leading to a qualification as a social worker.

Your access course isn't further education.

If you have previous higher education study that you have not told me about then it can affect your eligibility for the social work course.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
Social work is only an exception course if you already hold an honours degree and then you can receive a Maintenance Loan only, not tuition fee loan.

Our guidance states:
Usually a student would not be entitled to further core funding if they already hold a level 6 qualification and wish to study another. However, Social Work is considered an exception course, which means students (from 2009/10 onwards) who already hold an ELQ will be eligible for maintenance loan support (as well as supplementary grants and/or DSA where applicable) if they start a new course leading to a qualification as a social worker.

Your access course isn't further education.

If you have previous higher education study that you have not told me about then it can affect your eligibility for the social work course.
Thanks, Isaac

Oh no I didn’t complete the course I left during the first semester ..
Oh no I didn’t complete the course I left during the first semester ..

So as long as you don't have more than 1 year previous higher education study, you should be entitled to full funding.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 10
So as long as you don't have more than 1 year previous higher education study, you should be entitled to full funding.
Thanks, Isaac

Ok thanks Issac
Ok thanks Issac

You're welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending