The Student Room Group

What if i ended up getting lower grades than my predicted grades?

If I enrolled on a course with predicted grades and ended up getting lower than the predicted what will happen then?
Is it it different this time bc of covid? So the initial predicted grades become the actual grades?
Original post by Fay713
If I enrolled on a course with predicted grades and ended up getting lower than the predicted what will happen then?
Is it it different this time bc of covid? So the initial predicted grades become the actual grades?

Nobody can really answer this due to the uncertainty that is around.

In previous years what would have happened is if you missed your grades then the university would have considered whether you were still to be accepted and if rejected you would be first be looked at through your insurance university and then placed into clearing.

However everything has changed now that Teacher Assessed Grades are being used rather than exams. In a normal year roughly 8% achieved the A* grade and 24% achieved grade A. Last year almost double the amounts achieved these grades under the Teacher Assessed Grades. In previous year the figures were capped and moderated. Last year they werent.

Nobody knows how strict the marking will be this year. Is it likely to follow a similar pattern to last year with double the students normally achieving the higher grades. If this was to happen then it is less likely you will be accepted on lower grades. For this reason nobody can accurately predict what will happen even the universities themselves.
You don't 'enrol on a course with predicted grades'.
You apply with predicted grades, get an offer, get results, and enrol with achieved grades.
Original post by McGinger
You don't 'enrol on a course with predicted grades'.
You apply with predicted grades, get an offer, get results, and enrol with achieved grades.

Wrong choice of wording, is that really an issue?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending