The Student Room Group

Tell us about the worst date you've ever been on?

Go on

Scroll to see replies

He turned up hungover, with bloodshot eyes and didn't even offer to pay for my coffee :puke:
Original post by Anonymous
He turned up hungover, with bloodshot eyes and didn't even offer to pay for my coffee :puke:

Wow, he shouldn't of even turned up...:colonhash:
Original post by sunny.side.up
Wow, he shouldn't of even turned up...:colonhash:

Yep, I said as much to him :yep:

There should be a thread on the best too :colondollar:
Too many nightmare dates to list without taking over the thread, I'll opt for the worst blind date I've ever been on.

He forgot his wallet but remembered to bring his mother. :banghead:
Spent most of the date more interested in chatting with a woman eating at another table than talking to me, then asked me to lend him some extra cash after I'd paid the tip and bill for everyone. :mob:
My best friend arranged that blind date, was sobbing on my doorstep when I got back and spent most of the night crying.
Years later, she's still very sensitive to all jokes about it and any reminders.
The jerk even had the audacity to ask about a second date- because his mother liked me. :facepalm:
First and last blind date I'll ever go on. :biggrin:
Reply 5

why can't you pay for your own coffee?

equal rights for women right? but only when it suits you..
Original post by ANM775
why can't you pay for your own coffee?

equal rights for women right? but only when it suits you..

He invited me therefore he should pay.

Not going to bother engaging further with someone who starts whining about feminism straight off the bat though :rofl:
Reply 7

Not going to bother engaging further with someone who starts whining about feminism straight off the bat though :rofl:

when you invite your friends out to cinema or a night out on the town do you pay for all their financial costs too?

hardly.......

like i said before. equal rights when but only when it suits :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Dates where you know the person isn’t that in to you or ambiguous dates that turn in to friendzone are the worst. For a good date you really need a bit of flirting in the run up and some mutual butterflies. Not easy to come by in my experience unfortunately

PRSOM.

Why? I wouldn't expect someone to pay for me just because they invited me to something. You sound pretty entitled tbh.
Yep, I said as much to him :yep:

There should be a thread on the best too :colondollar:

I think I've already made a thread about that. I'll check and tag you, if you'd like? :smile:
Original post by londonmyst
Too many nightmare dates to list without taking over the thread, I'll opt for the worst blind date I've ever been on.

He forgot his wallet but remembered to bring his mother. :banghead:
Spent most of the date more interested in chatting with a woman eating at another table than talking to me, then asked me to lend him some extra cash after I'd paid the tip and bill for everyone. :mob:
My best friend arranged that blind date, was sobbing on my doorstep when I got back and spent most of the night crying.
Years later, she's still very sensitive to all jokes about it and any reminders.
The jerk even had the audacity to ask about a second date- because his mother liked me. :facepalm:
First and last blind date I'll ever go on. :biggrin:

Wow wtf. :noway: There was seriously something wrong with him.

That sounds cool! What kind of museum was it?

Original post by Zarek
Dates where you know the person isn’t that in to you or ambiguous dates that turn in to friendzone are the worst. For a good date you really need a bit of flirting in the run up and some mutual butterflies. Not easy to come by in my experience unfortunately

My question - why would you even go on a date with someone you know isn't in to you? :beard:

Original post by ANM775
btw, since it appears you reported those peoples posts for misuse of anon .. I only think it's fair I report you for the same :h:

Oh my lord :rofl:
I'm a guy.

The other guy... was also a guy. And looked like one.

I'm straight. He wasn't.

And I didn't realise it was a date for him.

Knew each other through mutual friend circles. Couple of us were going to meet up, so I thought. Turns out he didn't tell the others and it was just us. lol
I'm a guy.

The other guy... was also a guy. And looked like one.

I'm straight. He wasn't.

And I didn't realise it was a date for him.

Knew each other through mutual friend circles. Couple of us were going to meet up, so I thought. Turns out he didn't tell the others and it was just us. lol

He really finessed you :lol:
We were meant to go for coffee, wasn't really feeling it but i'd said yes and didn't want to flake so I just figured a quick coffee would be painless and then I could go on with my life.

He brings a FRIEND with him, and as we're walking into town, they start talking about going to a bar (it was like 4pm) I had a group chat where if I texted "x" it meant, call me this is dodgy. I quickly sent the x and someone called me and I got out thank god. so weird.
Original post by sunny.side.up
He really finessed you :lol:

I have never gotten a muscle cramp before just from sheer awkwardness.

He said he has a very accurate "gaydar"... implying that I he thought I was gay, and didn't know it yet.

Bruh. Just... holy bruh.
Original post by Flozzie543
if you're poor just say that

Their point is ethical not necessarily about not having enough money to pay for both.

What an utterly stupid post.

It's not entirely fair that women say things like "the person asking out should pay", then also almost always expect the guy to ask them out.

This little 'cute' game of social chess, the aim of which is often to get free sh*t, is pretty superficial and not that impressive at all. Even less so when it is coming from self-proclaimed feminists who demand to get treated the same as men do.

If someone is going to hold whatever beliefs they want to, they should at least be consistent about it.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending