The Student Room Group

how often do guys think about sex with female friends?

Title

Scroll to see replies

I have a ton of guy friends who've masturbated to my image, so a lot
Not me
Reply 3
If you fancy them, it might be at the back of your mind
Personally even if I fancy a friend I try not to think about actually having sex with them. That kind of thought process can be habit-forming and change how you think about a person. If I have a good friend I don't want them to turn into just a sexual object in my mind.
(edited 2 years ago)
What female friends?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Personally even if I fancy a friend I try not to think about actually having sex with them. That kind of thought process can be habit-forming and change how you think about a person. If I have a good friend I don't want them to turn into just a sexual object in my mind.

I find the notion that men only see women as 'sexual objects' when they're sexually attracted to them ludicrous.

It's just how we are, heterosexual men occasionally imagine a girl/friend naked and how sex would be. Shock horror.
Original post by Zarek
If you fancy them, it might be at the back of your mind

It's not 'it might', it will, from time to time.
I think its a natural and normal thing, maybe not all the time but some of time. Most of us will work with some stunning people or see them on the tube/way to work and i dont think there is anything wrong in that. human nature
I don't get it either, as a girl even if something crosses my mind or i have an attractive friend if we're just mates i don't feel comfortable with that thought and put it out of my head. I got guy friends who later confessed liking me for some time, or ones who have stared at my breasts or something while we hang out and it made me really uncomfortable as we had a decent friendship.

Idk what to do with it and why they don't find it uncomfortable as well? I prefer my guy mates to be like brothers. But that seems to be one sided and guys enjoy having attractive girl friends
Original post by neal95
I think its a natural and normal thing, maybe not all the time but some of time. Most of us will work with some stunning people or see them on the tube/way to work and i dont think there is anything wrong in that. human nature

Original post by Anonymous
I find the notion that men only see women as 'sexual objects' when they're sexually attracted to them ludicrous.

It's just how we are, heterosexual men occasionally imagine a girl/friend naked and how sex would be. Shock horror.

Is there a distinction to be made between being attracted to a person and deliberately thinking/fantasising about having sex with that person? I agree it's very natural and normal, and in fact unavoidable, to feel attraction for people sometimes. But I prefer not to deliberately fantasise about a lot of people in my life - particularly coworkers, and friends who have romantic partners - just because I'd prefer my mind kept them filed under platonic. To the extent to which anyone can control whether they develop feelings for a person, this is one way of avoiding it. But that's just my own personal preference; I don't judge anyone who does things differently.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Is there a distinction to be made between being attracted to a person and deliberately thinking/fantasising about having sex with that person? I agree it's very natural and normal, and in fact unavoidable, to feel attraction for people sometimes. But I prefer not to deliberately fantasise about a lot of people in my life - particularly coworkers, and friends who have romantic partners - just because I'd prefer my mind kept them filed under platonic. To the extent to which anyone can control whether they develop feelings for a person, this is one way of avoiding it. But that's just my own personal preference; I don't judge anyone who does things differently.

Thats a fair point actually, I think thats a rational and mature approach for sure. i definitely dont think like that all the time, but not going to deny that i have thought along those lines before. Most of the time i think nothing of it, but I do think it is a fairly common thing amongst a lot of males. I think the important thing is to not make anybody feel uncomfrtable and dont change your approach to your friends and coworkers or harass them etc.
I have a ton of guy friends who've masturbated to my image, so a lot

That's really disturbing and if I were you I wouldn't associate with those people any more. It sounds like they don't respect you as a friend whatsoever.
tbh it's hard to think like that when your actually friend's unless your kind of interested in them in that way. Answer would be in my teenage years ye i'd probably think about it with plenty of girls, average horny teenager, but as an adult not really at all besides my love interest. But even as a teenager if there was a girl that was genuinly platonic honestly no I don't have any sexual interest.
I'm gay, so I never think about sex with my female friends...
Original post by OctoberRain7
That's really disturbing and if I were you I wouldn't associate with those people any more. It sounds like they don't respect you as a friend whatsoever.

I think thats really hot tbh, it means that you're super attractive
I think thats really hot tbh, it means that you're super attractive

No, it means that your "friends" are super creepy and put their feelings about you as a sex object above their feelings about you as a human being who's worthy of basic respect. I am mainly friends with straight and bisexual men, and if any of them did that I would find it disgusting and cut them off.
Only time I do that is if we're already flirting and have a sexual relationship going on with each other. I've talked about this with one of my friends recently because she said she thought about me when masturbating before and she said it was harmless. I always thought it was kind of disrespectful so don't do it unless I know they'd be into it if I told them.
(edited 2 years ago)
Ngl, if she's being kinda flirty, I will think about it. But otherwise, I'd feel guilty thinking of someone who's my friend sexually.
Title

I assume it depends on the guy, it's hard to generalise.
At the end of the day no-one can be the thought police though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending