The Student Room Group

Day 6 of covid.

Still testing positive for covid! All day yesterday I had a bad blocked nose and a constant running nose. This morning I woke up and my runny nose is a bit better! It's just I keep getting chills and my body feels really numb and I can't be bothered moving at all 😭 I also have a bad sore stomach.

Does this mean my body is recovering? Does it mean I'm finally coming to the end of covid 😂

I'm desperate for any tips with covid I've never felt so ill!!!
Contrary to government guidance, most people with covid will remain infections (and therefore highly likely to be symptomatic) for 2 weeks.
Sounds like you’re one of them
Reply 2
Gargle with salt water for the runny nose/congestion and take a paracetamol or something. You cant do much beyond that, I normally just sleep all day when Im sick to avoid the aches.
Reply 3
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
Contrary to government guidance, most people with covid will remain infections (and therefore highly likely to be symptomatic) for 2 weeks.
Sounds like you’re one of them

Ahhh don't say that 😭 I thought you could only be infections for 10 days? But I have got it quite bad.
Reply 4
Original post by TipTapp
Gargle with salt water for the runny nose/congestion and take a paracetamol or something. You cant do much beyond that, I normally just sleep all day when Im sick to avoid the aches.

Thanks I'll definitely try this!! Yeah I am getting sick of these aches 😂
prayers
I was still testing positive until day 10 and am now on day 17 and still have symptoms (cough, fatigue, headaches, sneezing). I hope you have a better time with this then I do and that you feel better soon!
Reply 7
My uncle heard a rumour that on the 10th day, you die. He got so scared on the night on the 9th day that he was literally hyperventilating 😂
Reply 8
Original post by Honey57
My uncle heard a rumour that on the 10th day, you die. He got so scared on the night on the 9th day that he was literally hyperventilating 😂

😂😂😂😂
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I was still testing positive until day 10 and am now on day 17 and still have symptoms (cough, fatigue, headaches, sneezing). I hope you have a better time with this then I do and that you feel better soon!

I know I'm on day 9 now still positive! And I still have to constantly clear my throat and wipe my nose and I feel so tired!! I really hope you recover soon :smile:
I know I'm on day 9 now still positive! And I still have to constantly clear my throat and wipe my nose and I feel so tired!! I really hope you recover soon :smile:

Tomorrow is going to be the start of week 4 of covid for me and I still have a cough and a bit of of a runny nose - just doesn't seem to be going away :frown:
Tomorrow is going to be the start of week 4 of covid for me and I still have a cough and a bit of of a runny nose - just doesn't seem to be going away :frown:

Oh my gosh I am so sorry :frown:
I have heard of long covid! I really really hope I don't get that! Least past day 10 your not contagious! I still have a bit of a blocked nose and I need to keep clearing my throat :frown:
It's only that bad for the first week. Then you feel better. The main thing is not to overdo the treatment.
Reply 13
I’m on day 8 of covid and whilst all my other symptoms have pretty much gone now, I’m still struggling with fatigue. Hang on in there, you’ll get through it :smile:
Stay relaxing and just take it easy on your body.

When I had covid, people said to me 'oh no, at least you have time to catch up on work' like - I didn't have ANY motivation!

Quick Reply

Latest