The Student Room Group

boyfriend has lots of followers? is this cheating?

Hi, My boyfriend has almost all girls following him and he has around 900 of them and only a 100 guy pretty much. Is this cheating?

Scroll to see replies

No, not cheating.
Reply 2
Jesus wept.
No. What's with all the posts about social media following/snap scores recently?
Reply 4
Cheating is defined within the relationship... if you tell him no female followers, and he has them, then yes. It's a ridiculous thing to ban though as he doesn't control who follow him. Unless he is doing something like messaging them explicit thing, I'd not worry. Date someone with no social media if it bothers you.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, My boyfriend has almost all girls following him and he has around 900 of them and only a 100 guy pretty much. Is this cheating?

Cheat and red flag for me personally how many of those 800 girls dm him or pm him?
Reply 6
Original post by Mohammed1000000
how many of those 800 girls dm him or pm him?

Doesn't matter how many dm him, so long as he as respect for the relationship those dm will be wasted effort if they're lf the explicit nature... That's like trying to stop your partner from speaking to people. If you cannot trust someone when you're away, just walk away from a relationship please...
Original post by Cy33
Doesn't matter how many dm him, so long as he as respect for the relationship those dm will be wasted effort if they're lf the explicit nature... That's like trying to stop your partner from speaking to people. If you cannot trust someone when you're away, just walk away from a relationship please...

Lol my ex girlfriend had the ability and audacity to lie to me when her snapchat and other social media was full of guys and whilst we were dating she not only open and replied to their messages flirtatiously and sexually but viewed their pictures and videos and shared and exchanged pictures and videos so I know exactly what I am saying it’s definitely a red flag. And it’s no insecurity or lack of trust because I trusted my heart over my guts when my gut feeling said she was cheating.

what does he post that is interesting enough for 1000 randoms to want to follow him?

probably not but holy sh- that is so many girls tho so don't be afraid to ask him about them
probably not but holy sh- that is so many girls tho so don't be afraid to ask him about them

I might casually bring it up considering a lot of them are really fit and popular girls unlike me which is kind of suspicious
Original post by ReadingMum
what does he post that is interesting enough for 1000 randoms to want to follow him?

A few shirtless pics and party stuff.
Original post by hungrysalamander
No. What's with all the posts about social media following/snap scores recently?

I saw that, weird
Reply 13
A few shirtless pics and party stuff.

Does he have any thing related to your relationship on his Instagram? Pix of you both together?
Original post by gjd800
Jesus wept.

excuse me?

Original post by Cy33
Does he have any thing related to your relationship on his Instagram? Pix of you both together?

no, only orther girls but they are only party pics.

Has your boyfriend confirmed relationship status on socials
I'll play devils advocate: if I say yes it is cheating, exactly how is that going to change your relationship with him, and how will you plan on navigating relationships in future where social media is almost inescapable?
Original post by Mohammed1000000
Has your boyfriend confirmed relationship status on socials

nope, he says he not ready to commit yet x
Original post by artful_lounger
I'll play devils advocate: if I say yes it is cheating, exactly how is that going to change your relationship with him, and how will you plan on navigating relationships in future where social media is almost inescapable?

maybe your right

not always a red flag, maybe hes just attractive or friends with a lot of girls lmao
I would care more about how many girls he's following back/liking their pics but i'm toxic so don't listen to me
if he's actually messaging them flirting then that's a wholeeeee different story.
everyone has different boundaries so don't listen to nasty people on here calling you insecure, i find it hella disrespectful if my boyfriend was liking loads of girls pics esp if hes not mates with them or they're bikini pics etc. i doubt he'd like it if you were doing that
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending