The Student Room Group

Should I reach out to my ex

My ex and I had a long term serious relationship and we broke up 2 years ago. I’m meeting other people trying to find someone new and I’m sure he is too. But sometimes I really miss him and just want to tell him. He always has a special place for me but we aren’t meant for each other. I don’t want to be with him again because it didn’t work out last time. Is it ok to just let him know? Sometimes I just wanna get it off my chest, I’m suffering with my feelings these days. My dates are crap and I feel so alone
No.
Original post by Anonymous
My ex and I had a long term serious relationship and we broke up 2 years ago. I’m meeting other people trying to find someone new and I’m sure he is too. But sometimes I really miss him and just want to tell him. He always has a special place for me but we aren’t meant for each other. I don’t want to be with him again because it didn’t work out last time. Is it ok to just let him know? Sometimes I just wanna get it off my chest, I’m suffering with my feelings these days. My dates are crap and I feel so alone

Nah just leave him alone

I would honestly advice you to attempt, but don't necessarily expect for it go well and if it doesn't getting it off your chest may help you move on.

Have you been in contact at all since you broke up?
You’ve just admitted he’s not right for you and it wouldn’t work so what’s the point in reaching out? Seems like you want to do it more for validation and to alleviate your loneliness and those are never good reasons for contacting your ex. Just leave it alone and move on.
He's your ex for a reason. Leave him be...
Have you been in contact at all since you broke up?

Yup he helped me out with something and still has my stuff which he put in storage and we planned that when he’s back (he moved abroad) he would give me access to
Get my stuff back but that’s not for a while
Yup he helped me out with something and still has my stuff which he put in storage and we planned that when he’s back (he moved abroad) he would give me access to
Get my stuff back but that’s not for a while

I guess there's no harm in sending a message just to see if you get a response and see where it goes. But don't be disheartened if you don't get a reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending