The Student Room Group

going on holiday with bf and his family, am i in wrong?

hi guys, I have been with my bf for over few months now and his family knows about it . They are going to be visiting his brother in this city and they invited me with them as well after hearing that my bf and I wanna go away for few days. His mum said I could stay with him. After talking with my bf I said yes but I am afraid that this may make me look like an easy girl that his family may not like me to do saying yes after them asking idk my mum would think so she would be like why are you going out with them and his family for what reason? And tbh I just want to meet them and spend more time with my bf but idk what they would think of me for saying yes. I may be overthinking because my mum has put so much emphasis on me to not be "easy"
"Easy"? You wanted to go away with your boyfriend, and they invited you to meet them and go away with the whole family. They wouldn't offer if they didn't want you there, and there's nothing wrong with taking up the offer.

If you're really bothered about how you seem, you can give them something in return for their kindness when you meet.
You were invited. The only way they would look down on you for joining them is if they deliberately set this up as a 'test'. That sounds ridiculous to read, right? That's because it is ridiculous.

His family won't look down on you for saying yes to an invitation they extended. Go and have fun.
Original post by 1582
You were invited. The only way they would look down on you for joining them is if they deliberately set this up as a 'test'. That sounds ridiculous to read, right? That's because it is ridiculous.

His family won't look down on you for saying yes to an invitation they extended. Go and have fun.

I was actually thinking if they would set this up as a test to see if I would say yes to see if I would jump into the opportunity maybe I know it’s ridiculous but they are bit religious as well
Overthinking.
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you. :smile:

It is fine to accept their invite.
Also fine to reject it.
They have invited you because they want you and your bf to join them on their holiday.
They are probably hoping to get to know you and see how compatible you are with him & their family dynamic.

Spending some time with them will probably be very helpful if you want to get to know them or assess compatibility in consideration with a medium to longer term relationship.
If you decide to go, you will be able to get a sense of how your bf differently your bf behaves around ancestors & close relatives.
You will also be able to get an inpression of whether their habits, religious values and general standard of living is something off-putting to you.
Or very likely to lead to significant conflict with your bf/others over future ambitions & lifestyle preferences.
Good luck!
Reply 6
It’s fine, just behave in a truly girl nextdoor way the whole holiday
Your mum sounds like mine.

Just ignore it. There's no ''test''. Go and have fun :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending