The Student Room Group

She actually asked me out...?

We've been dating for just over a month. I would say things are going well.

I took her out to dinner last night, then we went to play some pool, drinks and back to mine.

This afternoon she sends me a message "I really enjoyed the restaurant is was really cool and cute"

Then she sends "I want to take you to this other restaurant".

Is this common for a woman to ask a guy out?

I feel like I'm dating a pearl...
Wdym dating a pearl? Also times have changed now ofc girls ask guys out in fact I’ve only had 3 boyfriends and I made the first move with all 3
Original post by Anonymous

I took her out to dinner last night, then we went to play some pool, drinks and back to mine.

This afternoon she sends me a message "I really enjoyed the restaurant is was really cool and cute"

Haha. Look at this one: she has a restaurant in mind that she wants you to go to. You gave her a good time so she wants you to do the same. Don’t expect to pay this time though (or maybe)
Isn't this a common thing to do?
From experience, I'm always the one that's like "hey, wanna go here on this day?"

She's saying she would rather go somewhere else- not sure why that's a big deal.
It's not asking out anyway, because you are already in a relationship.
As common as finding a duck in a duck pond. You've already been seeing each other for a while, so it isn't exactly groundbreaking for her to suggest where to go on the next date. When you're a month in and no one has explicitly said they're unhappy it's typically expectation that you are going to keep going out on dates.
Original post by sufys
She's saying she would rather go somewhere else- not sure why that's a big deal.
It's not asking out anyway, because you are already in a relationship.

Already in a relationship euh??
what's wrong with that?
Reply 8
Maybe you are not used to women being equal in a relationship? Next thing before you know it you might find she has a mind of her own!!
You're already dating so this isn't so much "asking you out" as taking the initiative to pick a venue for the next date. Enjoy.

It’s not a first date it’s just finding time & opportunities where you can enjoy hanging out together, for a first date their is some social protocol of the guy making the move to ask her out; but even this isn’t a big deal if a girl asks/sets up the first date. Its pretty normal for things to go both ways, to be expected tbh. Women are not a dog on a leash…
Already in a relationship euh??

You're with her so it isn't "asking out." She's just telling you where she wants to go.
Wow, this thread took a turn for the worst.

1) Not saying anything is wrong with her asking me out or suggesting a venue. Quite the contrary.

2) I think that it shows that she's becoming more comfortable, which is fantastic.

To answer the moron thinking I'm not used to women having their own free will (lmfao): Stop projecting.

I'm really happy with her, it feels like it's going really well. That's all that matters. I'm surprised, in the good sense, that she's taking the initiative so soon.

People need to chill.

well she didn't exactly ask you out first, as in, you say you have been dating her for over a month, when people refer to asking out, they generally refer to being asked out for the first time
Original post by H8Courtship217
well she didn't exactly ask you out first, as in, you say you have been dating her for over a month, when people refer to asking out, they generally refer to being asked out for the first time

Semantics. Asking out can mean for the first date, but it can also mean the action of asking someone on a date.

I'm not here to argue, though.
Semantics. Asking out can mean for the first date, but it can also mean the action of asking someone on a date.

I'm not here to argue, though.

ya but women are normally not the ones to reach out to a guy first
Original post by H8Courtship217
ya but women are normally not the ones to reach out to a guy first

It’s 2022 sure they changed
Original post by Noble.x
It’s 2022 sure they changed

still nowhere as common for the guy to do it, i bet even 100 years from now or more, it will still normally be up to the guy to be the initiator when it comes to starting a relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending