The Student Room Group

My boyfriend hasn't spoken to me in a week?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _jxrr
How about giving him a ring? If it rings then he's alright because he's obviously been charging his phone. At least then you'd have a slight understanding of his well being.
And send a short message apologising for your aggravated text, tell him you hope he's well, tell him you love him if that's what you guys were used to saying.
After that, just leave it until you get a response from him. The longer you don't bother ringing him or texting him after your final text, it'll make him speak to you because he'll be wondering why you're not constantly contacting him. And it would also potentially trigger fear within him that you're moving on :wink:

I've called him twice and it has rang fine, that's the worrying thing.
I think I'm going to quickly go to his now as he lives a few streets away to see if he's in. I can't take not knowing any longer. I think after what I've been through, and how he felt about it too, that he does at least owe me a duty to tell me that he no longer wants to be together, or wants space etc.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
I've called him twice and it has rang fine, that's the worrying thing.
I think I'm going to quickly go to his now as he lives a few streets away to see if he's in. I can't take not knowing any longer. I think after what I've been through, and how he felt about it too, that he does at least owe me a duty to tell me that he no longer wants to be together, or wants space etc.

Do you not think it's a little full on to turn up on his doorstep at midnight? :confused:
Original post by _jxrr
Do you not think it's a little full on to turn up on his doorstep at midnight? :confused:

He doesn't go to bed until 4am usually, so not really.
Thanks for the sympathy.

We've been together for four months. None of us have facebook and he rarely uses twitter.

I'm afraid that he'll never surface and I'll never know what happened. But yes, I feel so bad for game playing. I'm embarrassed at how immature I probably came across.

:hugs: We all do things we later regret, and you've just been through a very difficult time. Just apologise to him when you get the opportunity, and let him know that you would like to work things out.

If he doesn't live that far away, maybe you can go see him tomorrow? At least you know what's what, then.
Reply 24
He doesn't go to bed until 4am usually, so not really.

Okay, be sure to stay calm and listen to his side of the story

And let us know how it goes! Good luck! :console:
Original post by Kittiara
:hugs: We all do things we later regret, and you've just been through a very difficult time. Just apologise to him when you get the opportunity, and let him know that you would like to work things out.

If he doesn't live that far away, maybe you can go see him tomorrow? At least you know what's what, then.

I'm going to see him now. I need to know that he's at least safe and well. Even if he does rightly so hate me.
Original post by _jxrr
Okay, be sure to stay calm and listen to his side of the story

And let us know how it goes! Good luck! :console:

I will do. Thanks for the replies :smile:
Original post by _jxrr
How about giving him a ring? If it rings then he's alright because he's obviously been charging his phone. At least then you'd have a slight understanding of his well being.
And send a short message apologising for your aggravated text, tell him you hope he's well, tell him you love him if that's what you guys were used to saying.
After that, just leave it until you get a response from him. The longer you don't bother ringing him or texting him after your final text, it'll make him speak to you because he'll be wondering why you're not constantly contacting him. And it would also potentially trigger fear within him that you're moving on :wink:

Now that is the definition of game-playing. Frankly what your suggesting (messing with his emotions) is disgusting. Grow up - pisses me off when members of either sex think this is OK to do when in a relationship.

OP don't listen to this idiot, be mature about it and talk it out with him.
Keep us updated OP x
Just had a talk with him, he has to take his friend home (who had a sarcastic, pricky reaction when he heard it was me :/), so said he's coming back soon.

But he said he was sorry. He left his phone somewhere etc. I knew what he said was coming. His last relationship ended a year ago, and it was 8 years long. He only told me this in passing when we very first met. I always knew this was a huge potential issue. But yeah, he said he's scared to get into something again because he doesn't want to end up heartbroken again so he's backed off a bit, but didn't want to hurt me. And since the break up, he takes drugs (non-hardcore) but drinks mostly every day (already knew all this) to cope with it. But he said when he's with me its the only time he feels like his normal self and that he's happy and fulfilled again.

I don't know whats happening. But I'm not happy. I feel so sad and if we continue the way we are then I'll feel worse further down the line. I think he has to make the decision soon if he wants to take the risk and properly commit to me. I took a risk and trusted him. My last relationship was very abusive, mostly physically, but I took the risk and started a new relationship. I don't believe in punishing your new partner for how your last partner treated you. I just really want to be with him. He said he wants to be with me too. But sometimes, that's not enough, I know.

I don't know whats going to happen right now.
OP your boyfriend sounds like someone I know, does your name start with M and end with A?
Maybe he didn't mean to ignore you, but his phone died? If you haven't gotten any reply then he might not have seen the messages...
Original post by germanium
OP your boyfriend sounds like someone I know, does your name start with M and end with A?

No haha. Sorry to disappoint.
Reply 33
What did he end up saying? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
No haha. Sorry to disappoint.

lol how's it going now OP?
Just had a talk with him, he has to take his friend home (who had a sarcastic, pricky reaction when he heard it was me :/), so said he's coming back soon.

But he said he was sorry. He left his phone somewhere etc. I knew what he said was coming. His last relationship ended a year ago, and it was 8 years long. He only told me this in passing when we very first met. I always knew this was a huge potential issue. But yeah, he said he's scared to get into something again because he doesn't want to end up heartbroken again so he's backed off a bit, but didn't want to hurt me. And since the break up, he takes drugs (non-hardcore) but drinks mostly every day (already knew all this) to cope with it. But he said when he's with me its the only time he feels like his normal self and that he's happy and fulfilled again.

I don't know whats happening. But I'm not happy. I feel so sad and if we continue the way we are then I'll feel worse further down the line. I think he has to make the decision soon if he wants to take the risk and properly commit to me. I took a risk and trusted him. My last relationship was very abusive, mostly physically, but I took the risk and started a new relationship. I don't believe in punishing your new partner for how your last partner treated you. I just really want to be with him. He said he wants to be with me too. But sometimes, that's not enough, I know.

I don't know whats going to happen right now.

Whose phone battery lasts a whole week? No way he just left it somewhere, if it was still ringing in the last couple of days he's definitely charged it and seen the missed calls. If he felt that good when you were with him, why would he ignore you and wait so long to get in touch with you?
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'd say he's no longer your boyfriend :erm:

Apparently he is...
Why don't you try studying instead of following him. Listen to Bheethoven, enjoy life.

Tim Jackson
Reply 38
it sounds like this guy is seriously afraid of commitment especially since his last relationship was so long and it took a toll on him when it ended.

He may like you but the speed of your relationship has scared him and like you said he's scared to get hurt.

It takes men a very long time to get over a broken relationship compared to women. Some men never get over one and this is evident by the many players and old bachelors you see in this world. They are all the result of a broken heart.

You could be patient with him and wait it out but I don't see this ending happily he may hurt your feelings by giving you false hope. He has his own demons to deal with (I.e. The drug taking and excessive alcohol consumption). Plus he really needs time to heal his heart and get over his ex.

My suggestion is that you be there for him. Be his friend but from a distance. He is emotionally unstable and may unintentionally hurt you as he has not fully moved on from this past. Maybe once that has happened you both can reconcile in the future.

remember you are number one, don't put any man before yourself. Know your self worth 😊
I wouldn't deal with it tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending