The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Wise One
I may have mentioned this before. But the injustice is making me fume. I have to wait til 2! Arrgh. :mad:

do a lot of Alevel students from your college who go through clearing end up successful? with the results being released at that time it's really risky
Reply 401
Wise One
I'm AS. The A-levelers get in at 12.

12 is still kinda late as well!!
Hoofbeat
Golf Management is supposedly very competitive and you can earn quite a bit! lol. A girl at my school is doing a degree in some kind of circus trainign! Apparantely its the only one in the country!

Our results have to be collected between 10 and 11 (after that its time for AS candidates) so I'll be there @ 9:59 waitin for doors to be unlocked! :frown:

I always thought the highest training you could do in that was thee circus skills BTEC at circus space.

MB
musicboy
I always thought the highest training you could do in that was three circus skills BTEC at circus space.

MB

Oh I dunno! She said it was a degree, so maybe it's in acrobatis and performing arts or something! :confused:
Reply 404
priya
do a lot of Alevel students from your college who go through clearing end up successful? with the results being released at that time it's really risky

Not really. You need your paper clearing entry form, which I doubt you get until at least friday, and the unis will take their time over such decisions. They are not suddenly going to accept anyone in a mad rush to fill places, not at first anyway.
Reply 405
tomcoolinguk
Well- we knew our results, i basically had to because I received a letter for my English. I'm so nervous for next week, I've basically been a foul mood today!

So have you already recieved some information regarding your final grade?

or am i confused?
Not long now :biggrin:
Reply 407
Whats_The_411?
Not long now :biggrin:

meep *trembles*

no, think of fun party tomorrow Priya, think of party, think of party....
priya
meep *trembles*

no, think of fun party tomorrow Priya, think of party, think of party....

ooh I want to go to the party. :cool:
med115
So have you already recieved some information regarding your final grade?

or am i confused?

I was referring to when i was on tv for my gcse exam results.
Waiting a few more hours isn't that bad.

Last year for AS, I waited for 4-5 days!!! It was pure torture I tell you. My classmates and I were camping on the computers, and clicking the refresh button over and over again.

Ironically, it was only when I decided to leave the computer to go for a drink in a cafe that the results appeared.
Reply 411
tomcoolinguk
I was referring to when i was on tv for my gcse exam results.

which tv channel was this for? you poor thing! i hope you results were good!
Reply 412
Reply 413
anyone else absolutely crapping themselves already????? i feel so so so nervous! im the one that usually stays calm n has to talk everyone else round but this year im so nervous!!! if i dont get ABB then i havent got a uni 2 go to n ill have let everyone down so much! AHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHH its so stressfull!!!!!!!
Reply 414
i'm not crapping myself, I'm just getting extremely impatient and worked out. I have wanted to know for ages, I just want to get it out of the way. But equally, if I miss the grades, I can't even begin to explain my disappointment, I just HAVE to get into my first choice, anything else will just be really detrimental for me, so PLEASE let me get the grades, PLEASE, I know i am capable of it, and I did think I'd done enough to get them!
Reply 415
i think thats why im so nervous, i know i worked my arse off for them but they didnt go amazingly so i cant be sure of anything! everyone keeps saying ' well u tried ure best n thats all that matters ' but it isnt really is it cos my best isnt always good enuf!!!!!
Reply 416
kirstenb
anyone else absolutely crapping themselves already????? i feel so so so nervous! im the one that usually stays calm n has to talk everyone else round but this year im so nervous!!! if i dont get ABB then i havent got a uni 2 go to n ill have let everyone down so much! AHHAHAHAHHHHHHHHH its so stressfull!!!!!!!

I think it's slowly dawning on me that the most important exam results of my life are just around the corner, but I'm not nervous quite yet. Apprehensive, maybe, but not nervous. Not til next week anyway.

But I'm in the same boat as you - if I don't get ABB then I've got to go through clearing etc. which is going to be hell. And as time goes by, I'm staring to think that could be a real possibility.

5 days 22 hours 6 minutes to go!
Reply 417
85ah11
I think it's slowly dawning on me that the most important exam results of my life are just around the corner, but I'm nervous quite yet. Apprehensive, maybe, but not nervous. Not til next week anyway.

But I'm in the same boat as you - if I don't get ABB then I've got to go through clearing etc. which is going to be hell. And as time goes by, I'm staring to think that could be a real possibility.

5 days 22 hours 6 minutes to go!

yeah i know what u mean, now when i sit and think how my exams went im thinking that gettin ABB may not be happening!!! When i came out of each module i thought some were OK and others were solid but now i can look at it as a whole subject im not to confident!!!! u will have to let me know how u do, im glad other ppl r feelin like i am ( not in a nasty way), its harder thinking ure the only person in the world on this situation, thats why i love UKL!!!
Reply 418
kirstenb
yeah i know what u mean, now when i sit and think how my exams went im thinking that gettin ABB may not be happening!!! When i came out of each module i thought some were OK and others were solid but now i can look at it as a whole subject im not to confident!!!! u will have to let me know how u do, im glad other ppl r feelin like i am ( not in a nasty way), its harder thinking ure the only person in the world on this situation, thats why i love UKL!!!

Generally when I come out of the exams, I think "Yeah, that was OK" and then I start to think about it and I realise I've made a mess of question 3 and a mistake on question 7 etc. etc.

I managed AAAAB for my AS-levels (including General Studies), and eventually decided to go for AAB as first choice and ABB as second choice after Cambridge eventually rejected me (I was pooled), which didn't give me much scope for making a mess of a module or two.

There are loads of people who are concerned - it's not just you don't worry!!!
Reply 419
i believe that part of my worry comes from my lack of worrying when it came to the exams in the first place. Every year for the past 7 years I have had end of year exams. In year 7 I was a nervous wreck and revised loads. In Year 8 it was the same. In year 9 after SATs, I didnt care. Year 10 didnt matter, but Year 11 did. Now that I've been through SATs, GCSEs and AS levels, approaching my A2's it was almost as though it was nothing new. But of course, it was something new: It was much harder exams.
I came out of most of my exams feeling pleased with myself. There were only 2 exams I came out of thinking "There was one question I should have got but I can't believe I didnt...well at least it was only worth 3 or 4 marks lost at most". And then there were probably only 2 papers I came out of thinking I seriously made a mess of it, but the thing was I had done so many exams, I almost didnt care at the time. But now I'm regretting my lack of focus and worrying. I still believe I have done enough, but obviously there is that large element of doubt saying "no, you just let things slip enough to miss the grades". I just pray that that is not the case. I know i can get straight A's in everything.

Latest

Trending

Trending