The Student Room Group

Why do we (girls) turn down sex when we want it?

All the stress from Uni work (especially during exam time) has really build up and I feel like I need to let off some steam. There are a few guys I know who fancy me but I've turned them down even though I am attracted to couple of them. I wouldn't want a relationship because I am just too busy for one at the moment, but if I don't have sex soon I might actually die. I haven't had a boyfriend in nearly 2 years.

Man would never turn down sex with an attractive girl and they wouldn't worry about it affecting their reputation. Why do we? What is the whole idea of only sleeping with people you care about? I really wish I had a more male mentality. I would probably have so much more fun instead of being so scared of doing something I might regret.:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Klare
All the stress from Uni work (especially during exam time) has really build up and I feel like I need to let off some steam. There are a few guys I know who fancy me but I've turned them down even though I am attracted to couple of them. I wouldn't want a relationship because I am just too busy for one at the moment, but if I don't have sex soon I might actually die. I haven't had a boyfriend in nearly 2 years.

Man would never turn down sex with an attractive girl and they wouldn't worry about it affecting their reputation. Why do we? What is the whole idea of only sleeping with people you care about? I really wish I had a more male mentality. I would probably have so much more fun instead of being so scared of doing something I might regret.:frown:

what uni you at?
A couple of my friends have casual sex, they enjoy it and it makes them content, so what's the problem? You don't have to conform to societal pressure to have meaningful sex - you can have sex on tap if you want it, there's no shame or blame in that.

Why don't you just get an Eff Buddy and be done with it!? lol.
Reply 3
We don't.

It's pretty much just you and perhaps a small minority of people that do this.
Reply 4
I'm male and I wouldn't just sleep with someone because they're attractive...not all males are like that.

You'll die if you don't have sex? hmmm...can't see that. Stop whining and do something about it if you want to have sex.
Reply 5
Ilora-Danon

Why don't you just get an Eff Buddy and be done with it!? lol.

I just don't think I could do something like that. I can't explain why though. It's not that I don't want to. The thought of telling a guy that I only want him for sex and nothing more is unimaginable.
Reply 6
I'm male and i would sleep with someone just because they're attractive...
Reply 7
Cuz people will call you sluts if you indulge on your urges.
From the view of evolutionary psychology it is because we are choosy when it comes to mates because we can only breed rarely (in comparison to men) so we wait for a prime specimen before mating :smile: The sad thing is i'm only half joking.
Because you have more class than that. Maybe.
Reply 10
O-Ren
We don't.

It's pretty much just you and perhaps a small minority of people that do this.

I highly doubt that. I know plenty of girls who are single but do not sleep with guys who they are not dating even if they think the guy is good looking. If they do start dating someone, there is still some pressure to wait before having sex even though you don't want to.
Klare

Well I have, but I guess it's because they were either psycho bitches or they somehow managed to irritate me enough to do it out of spite. Though, yeah - I don't exactly worry about the reputation aspect, the question is why do you? You're in a (thankfully) shrinking minority of girls. If you want sex with people who want to have sex with you, with no strings/complications attached, but still turn it down - knowing there isn't actually good reason...then maybe it's time to stop worrying and start *******? :dontknow:

Seriously woman, use some common sense.

Edit: Oh, also girls who were drunk - but thats mainly for my benefit than theirs. It's a little insulting that you're suggesting guys **** indiscrimantely - even animals during mating season are at least a little bit selective.
Reply 12
it's cos of bloody society and the way men still like girls pure. it doesn't help that girls are insecure and bitchy so call each other s****. i had a dream about this last night.
Reply 13
Klare
I highly doubt that. I know plenty of girls who are single but do not sleep with guys who they are not dating even if they think the guy is good looking. If they do start dating someone, there is still some pressure to wait before having sex even though you don't want to.

I have never met women like this. Maybe these views are present in people with certain personality traits, perhaps I do not have friends with these personality traits.

If I want to have sex, I have sex. I only hold off he is both a stranger and inviting me back somewhere I am not familiar with, because in that case it would be dangerous.

I think some people are more easily influenced into going along with what society thinks is the right way to behave than others are.
Klare

You're welcome to take out your frustrations on my love pump.
O-Ren
I have never met women like this. Maybe these views are present in people with certain personality traits, perhaps I do not have friends with these personality traits.

If I want to have sex, I have sex. I only hold off he is both a stranger and inviting me back somewhere I am not familiar with, because in that case it would be dangerous.

I think some people are more easily influenced into going along with what society thinks is the right way to behave than others are.

so how and where do you look for cock ?
O-Ren

You've never met a single woman who wasn't a whore?
You don't have to actually say "I just want you for sex". Depending on how you go about it, it'll be pretty obvious
Reply 18
Lilwaynefan
so how and where do you look for cock ?

I don't actively look for cock, it just happens that after meeting and befriending two dozen men there's going to be on average, one, that makes me go weak at the knees.
Reply 19
Delta Usafa
You've never met a single woman who wasn't a whore?

You misunderstand. I am not saying every woman I know has sex outside of committed relationships, I'm saying that not a single woman I know would desire sex with a man yet turn him down because of how society thinks people should behave. They think for themselves.

Latest

Trending

Trending