The Student Room Group

Should I get an unconditional?

Hey. So I have applied to study social sciences at a university outside of the top 50. Entry requirements (note that the website says "entry requirements" and not minimum entry requirements) state that BBBC should be achieved with english at least grade c. That is exactly what I have. To add to this, I am also doing a college course this year in social sciences which has given me experience of sociology, psychology, politics that were not offered as highers at my school and i'm predicted to pass the course.

My mate was give a conditional for the course thats would see him be accepted with BBCC (below the entry requirements) and he has no experience of sociology, psychology, politics...

So is my confidence in getting an unconditional justified?
How many times do you need to ask this?! Just because his grades were lower doesn't mean that you're guaranteed an unconditional offer. Your PS or reference could be crap for all we know. I've applied to the uni that you're talking about, and in total they want ABBBB from me. You can never be certain, so stfu and play the waiting game like everyone else.
Reply 2
i would say your confidence in getting an unconditional is indeed justified. assuming PS, reference etc are ok.
Reply 3
I guess, the courses arnt usually that competitve so if you have a good personal statement and meet all the requirements you have a good chance, but these admission people sometimes make dodgy decisions so dont assume a place!
I think the key with what your saying on having experience as long as you have got that point across in your Personal statement you should be fine :smile:
meh its possible..but then again we cant ever guess what uni's want. sometimes they just seem to work completely randomly.. tbh there's no use speculating now, what happens happens right?
Reply 5
ginger.with.envy
i dont... thats just my philosophy in life :smile:

uhh.. wrong answer:frown:
Its so strange to read something different than A*AA at TSR...

:wink:
Reply 7
truthandtragedy
How many times do you need to ask this?! Just because his grades were lower doesn't mean that you're guaranteed an unconditional offer. Your PS or reference could be crap for all we know. I've applied to the uni that you're talking about, and in total they want ABBBB from me. You can never be certain, so stfu and play the waiting game like everyone else.

FYI I got an unconditional :wink:
sbarrie2
FYI I got an unconditional :wink:

Congrats. I never said that you wouldn't get one.

Latest

Trending

Trending